Americade!

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
So coming June 1st is Americade at Lake George, NY. I go up to the lake every year but this will be my first time going for Americade (hopefully on bike) and was wondering if anybody else will be there. I heard its a lot of fun and there is hundreds of things to do.

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
Lake George is only about 45 minutes north of where I live - I haven't decided if I'm going up for Americade yet. There are lots of fun things to do and it is cool seeing all those bikes parked on the street. What days are you going to be up there?

Im going June 1st to the 7th....all week :D...I booked the house im staying at last year so with all this waiting Im gettin more and more anxious

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be going, just not sure which days yet. It is always fun up there. I will be coming up from Binghamton, riding right up Rt. 7 to the northway.

Im roughly 45 mins northeast from you on rt. 12. How long does it take you to go Rt. 7 to albany then up? its roughly 2 hours from here....?

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Going Rt. 7 takes about 3 hours. Taking I88 drops the time down a bit, but i hate riding on the highway. Rt 7 is a decent ride.

rt 7??? i would take the taconic state parkway for most of it.. then take rt13 on rt 20 west.. then i would probably opt for rt4 the rest of the way... would take a damn long time, but the taconic pkwy would eat up a bit of time...

i used to live out in vt on the western side and have been to americad in a cager a few times... wild place.. great times... i really wished i planed a camping trip to it this year.. i would have sacrificed the time at work... would have been well worth it... :thumbup:

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Going Rt. 7 takes about 3 hours. Taking I88 drops the time down a bit, but i hate riding on the highway. Rt 7 is a decent ride.

I'm not a fan of interstates on a bike... I used to go to SUNY Cobleskill So I used to take 7 from Oneonta 2 times a weekend. I came home every weekend.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
interstate rididng is just boring.. i have no fears about having a problem.. it just sucks getting blasted by the wind the whole time and going strait for the most part... and besides.. the biggest problem is i cant hear my ipod to well... i would rather just take the back roads...

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site

What ever you do, hop on the thruway once you get to the end of I88, Trying to find your way through Rotterdam/Schenectady on Rt 7 can be a royal pain, and also take you about 45 minutes more.

rt 7??? i would take the taconic state parkway for most of it.. then take rt13 on rt 20 west.. then i would probably opt for rt4 the rest of the way... would take a damn long time, but the taconic pkwy would eat up a bit of time...

i used to live out in vt on the western side and have been to americad in a cager a few times... wild place.. great times... i really wished i planed a camping trip to it this year.. i would have sacrificed the time at work... would have been well worth it... :thumbup:

They're talking about coming from the southern middle part of the state, they're not even remotely close to the taconic

Stay off 87 guys...do it for me since I can't be there....catch 9 to 9N and enjoy the ride....so much good riding out there.

If you're not in traffic, 87 is just peachy, though I would recommend using it in bursts as it can be quite boring. As Defy said you can take 9 as an alternate up there. if you want a nice easy relaxing drive up there take this route. Driving Directions from Schoharie, NY to Lake George, NY {edit} I did the directions from schoharie which is about where you would get off I88 or 7, ultimately you just want to get on to Rt. 30{/edit} The part that goes around the Great Sacandaga Lake freakin rules. And it will keep you off the main roads for the most part. there's also a bunch of great places to take pics along the way.

I might be there after work on one of the weekdays, but since I just started a new job and I'm in a wedding on that saturday I wont be taking any time off or coming up on saturday. I wish it went until sunday:(

mjbzak

Reaction score
Visit site
i would love to but cant get any time off work. but anybody around the binghamton area i would love to go for a ride some weekend i live in greene but i work at wilson hospital in johnson city

rockmurf

Reaction score
Visit site
I am going. Riding to Atlanta to traxxion getting suspension work done on fjr and then to americade on fri with stop over in NJ to see friends and pick up wife who is flying from back and forth from fl to nj and riding to americade from NJ. I hear it is great. this is my first time. If ride goes good I will turn the bike toward alaska.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
The police will have check points off I-87 (we refer to that stretch of road as the Northway), so be sure that everything on your bike is legal! They will be mostly interested in registration and inspection stickers, loud pipes and ensuring helmets are DOT certified. To avoid the check point (and possilble save time) you can get off I-87 at Exit 19 and take Route 9 North up into Lake George.

I plan on being there on Friday June 5th. We should all meet for lunch or dinner!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if i can swing the girlfriend into it, i might be up on sat just for the day.. depending on weather too... but if there is something of a meetup on sat, let me know :)

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, post up if you are interested in meeting up for a ride/meet up and if we can agree on a day I will be glad to organize something.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well... it looks like i might be able to take saturday and ride up from ct.. cant stay over or anythign, but i definitly wouldnt mind a ride/meet up if there are a bunch of people going.. also i can meet up with anyone on the road if someone knows the way they are taking to get there.. :)