New FZ6 Owner

duffy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, just picked up my first real bike - it's an 06 FZ6 in pretty much mint condition. Bought it used, the person who had it before me bought it brand new and didn't have time to ride it. The speedo reflects this quite well I think, pretty low k for an 06 :)

Now if only it wasn't going into winter...bike is going to be parked for the next five months or so.

J

jsteinb95

Hey there! Welcome to the site. Congratulations on your purchase. The bike looks great.

Sucks you won't get to ride for a while.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It boggles my mind that someone would go out and spend that kind of money on a brand new bike, then only put 166 miles on it.

Good for you though! :rockon:

duffy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've only taken it out for a quick blast around the neighborhood, just got plates and insurance on it. So far it's been okay, but it was evening when I was riding it so the gauge was fairly obvious to read - the gauge is a sort of indiglo, and as the rpm goes up the indiglo dissapears behind it. Not sure about during the day, I'm sure I'll find it out this weekend.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It boggles my mind that someone would go out and spend that kind of money on a brand new bike, then only put 166 miles on it.

Good for you though! :rockon:

Its even worse than that mate, its kilometers not miles:banghead: 103 miles.
Its not even run in, great purchase.

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
I also have the 06. The tach is pretty easy to read during the day as well. Even still, I keep my odo on the rpms for the quick glace. Congrats on your purchase....

duffy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thank you, it seems like an amazing bike so far. Really looking forward to next spring - it's going to be a tease too - I get to drive it about 20km to go park it for the winter.

S

sportrider

Welcome aboard!!!:thumbup:
you'll love the bike!!! and the tach is easy to read.

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard! Congrats on the new bike! I'm still hoping there are many more tolerable days of riding left this month :thumbup:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! I'd recommend getting the oil changed in that thing right away, has the original owner done the first change yet? I'm betting not, that and the fact that the oil's now 2-3 years old, and gonna be parked again... get the oil changed! :thumbup:

B

Bo67

Welcome! You probably have the "best buy to date" on your ride. It looks great. I'm a little south of you in Idaho and it's cold here now so hopefully you can get some miles on her before the snow starts flying!

Circe

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Duffy! Hope you get in some quality riding time before the roads get icy!
Your hockey team just picked up my all time favorite player Owen Nolan, lucky dogs :p Go Sharks! :)

ojack

Reaction score
Visit site
I am also looking into buying one..

Do you know if the 06 has any known problems with the fuel injection? I am getting a brand new for a good price but I am unsure of any potential problems that they fixed in the 07 model. Should I make a deal on the 07?

S

sportrider

Do you know if the 06 has any known problems with the fuel injection? I am getting a brand new for a good price but I am unsure of any potential problems that they fixed in the 07 model. Should I make a deal on the 07?
I have an 06 and I don't have any real complaints, the throttle is a little touchy on the off/on throttle transition but you'll get used to it. it also seems to get better with mileage, but aside from that the bike is bulletproof!!!

by the way... Welcome Aboard!!!:D