Alpinestars Textile Jackets

Shook1db

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, i'm a little frustrated at this point because I bought a textile jacket from alpinestars (ordered if offline, silly me) waited 3 weeks for it and it doesn't fit. That's because I don't pay enough attention lol.

Anyways my issue is i'm 6'3 with a 32-33" waist. Now an alpinestars sizing chart says with my height i'd wear up to a xxl but that gives me a 40"+ waist. . Alpinestars T stunt jacket is by far my favorite jacket i've seen and I really wanted to stick with alpinestars.

Now I know that i'm not the only tall and generally skinny person that rides motorcycles and alpinestars being as big of a company as they are has to make something that fits tall people without fitting like a pair of parachute pants.

Am I missing something?? Please tell me I am? Anyone have the same experience?

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
My vote is to find a brand that fits you better. I love the look of a lot of jackets, but sadly because of my proportions, I really can only wear Cortech (some styles) and PowerTrip. Granted, I have found things I like in both brands, but the point is, fit is WAAAAY more important than look.

Shook1db

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree fit is more important but there has to be something that fits and looks the way I want ya know. I actually just went to our local motorcycle shop and they have a few leather yamaha jackets for clearance (about 100 bux off from last years model) and it actually fits pretty nice so I might be getting that. We will see. I still want a textile alpinestars jacket =(

http://www.bikebandit.com/assets/product_images/08YamRoadRBlueJacketLG.gif

That's the jacket it's just cheaper in the store.

Fz6Daveg

Reaction score
Visit site
I am 6'2" and i have a RST rift Textile Jacket size 2XL (xxL)

I have a 34-36 waist and it fits like a treat. It has adjustable velcro straps at the waist to tighten it and also has those on the arms too.
I would very much recommend this jacket to anyone.

My brother has recently bought one too it's that good !! trust me, and for the prize of £89.99

WeWonItThreeTimes

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree fit is more important but there has to be something that fits and looks the way I want ya know. I actually just went to our local motorcycle shop and they have a few leather yamaha jackets for clearance (about 100 bux off from last years model) and it actually fits pretty nice so I might be getting that. We will see. I still want a textile alpinestars jacket =(

http://www.bikebandit.com/assets/product_images/08YamRoadRBlueJacketLG.gif

That's the jacket it's just cheaper in the store.

agree, would love to wear smx plus but they just does not fit so had to get sidi corsa. try different brand pal, like dainese or rukka, you wont regret it