Dunlop Sportsmax Qualifier RR Tires...anyone used them???

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, It's time for me to replace my FZ6 track/racing bike's rubber, for the first time since aquirring the bike.

The bike came with a medium compound Dunlop D209 GP Racer M tire on the front, and a medium compound D209 GP Racer rear tire....

What's on the bike right now...
View attachment 16520

Dunlop Motorcycle | Tyres | Ranges | Road Radial | Gp Racer D209

Now these tyres are awesome, grip like poop to a blanket, and they warm up super quick...so i thought i would go get myself some more of these....if it aint broke, dont fix it mentality!

Well it turns out that i am not able to get them...as they are the control tyre for the Australian Superstock & FZ6 racing series...and they are only available in small quantity's as a race only tyre...not road legal, and only available to racers in these series....to the point that they wont sell them to you until you have paid your entry fee's for the next round of either Championship!

So, now i have to get something else...smart choice i thought, would be to go with somethinmg as close to these tires as i can get...which is the Dunlop Sportsmax Qualifier RR (Race Replica).

These are super soft street legal track day days....they have the same tread pattern as the tires on my bike now, but are road legal...not that you would really want to use them on the road much...would kill them pretty quick, through squaring off.

Anyway i was wondering whether anyone else in the forum, has used these tires on a road, and, or track bike, and what their experience with these tires has been....

Here is a picture of the tires, and a link to the Dunlop site, which gives you the technical low-down on the tires.

View attachment 16519

Dunlop Motorcycle | Tyres | Ranges | Road Radial | Qualifier RR

:rockon:

Toympas

Reaction score
Visit site
Its been a year or more since you posted this but i think it would be cool to clear out a few things about the GPs line.

The GP line - can say for sure the 211 - comes in two types, the GP and GP Racer.

The "GP Racer" is the street legal tire, while the "GP" is the Race DOT tire.

The Racer comes in two compounds for the front - soft and medium, while the rear comes in three compounds, the soft , medium and endurance.

Grip is phenomenal and its a sharp profile giving sharp turning in.

They utilize the NTEC technology which means you can dump the PSI down to 25r/32f warm which will give an exttra bit of traction.

Also i wanna say that while the Qualifier RR is a great tire and i been through 3 sets, once you go GP Racer (211) there is no turning back albeit the fact they do last a shorter age compared to the RRs. The grip is THAT much better.

Cheers :)

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
I just tossed a set of 209s that were well & truly spent & put on a set of Sportmax GP Racer Slicks :thumbup:

I will get back to you Jamie. Ive gotta see a man about a dog.

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry mate luck at this stage :(

Do you anyone from SA racing in the ASBK or FZ series? Some guys use em for practice days & sell the take offs with 20 or 30 laps on them. Good way of getting your hands on 2nd hand control tyres :thumbup:

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't know any racers who use them try RATS or have a look in the usual hiding spots :thumbup:

As I said, plenty of guys use em for haf a day, swap em & then sell em.

FX Classified Ad.

DUNLOP SLICKS 120/70 & 190/55ZR17 GP RACER MED TRACK - eBay, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 02-Sep-10 20:16:00 AEST)

If you want to buy the new rubber they use you can always grab a race license & buy em legit?

If you are happy with the slightly used control tyres keep an eye on RATS. They pop up here & there after the race meetings :thumbup: