Shook1db

Reaction score
Visit site

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
I know there are already a few threads on this but not to these specific lights. I bought these not to long ago and was wondering if anyone had any experience with these specific ones.

FLUSHMOUNT TURN SIGNALS YAMAHA R1 R6 FZ1 FZ6 2003-2005s:eBay Motors (item 250423294404 end time May-19-09 05:01:01 PDT)

They only have the two wires not three and the stock obviously has three. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

You can buy aftermarket signals with 3 wires, the purpose of this is so that they will act as running lights when the signal is not on. Basically, most of us, like you, have the 2-wire aftermarket signal. That being said the wire connector on your new signals (2-wire), should plug right into the stock connector on the bike (3-wire):

Now on to the how-to, just follow the steps :thumbup::
http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/15113-installing-flush-mounts.html

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
You can buy aftermarket signals with 3 wires, the purpose of this is so that they will act as running lights when the signal is not on.

where are these lights you speak of. i've looked and looked and all i see is two wire led lights. when i bought my bike it had (still has) "smoke" flush mount turn signals. personally, i like having running lights. the more lights the better. i also want people to be able to see my turn signals. i have the large original signals that i'll probably be putting on in a few weeks. but i'd love a set of smaller led signals if they could also be running lights. if someone knows where i can find some please let me know.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
where are these lights you speak of. i've looked and looked and all i see is two wire led lights. when i bought my bike it had (still has) "smoke" flush mount turn signals. personally, i like having running lights. the more lights the better. i also want people to be able to see my turn signals. i have the large original signals that i'll probably be putting on in a few weeks. but i'd love a set of smaller led signals if they could also be running lights. if someone knows where i can find some please let me know.

Here is an option to buy (expensive):
Yamaha FZ1 LED Signals

Less expensive:
http://www.breaklites.com/flushmount.htm

And here is an option to mod (inexpensive):
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/13649-can-someone-please-help-flush-mount-signals.html

Last edited:

Shook1db

Reaction score
Visit site
You can buy aftermarket signals with 3 wires, the purpose of this is so that they will act as running lights when the signal is not on. Basically, most of us, like you, have the 2-wire aftermarket signal. That being said the wire connector on your new signals (2-wire), should plug right into the stock connector on the bike (3-wire):

Now on to the how-to, just follow the steps :thumbup::
http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/15113-installing-flush-mounts.html

There is the 2 wires for each blinker but there isnt a plug. I could be reading this wrong but the stock ones have the grey plug that goes into the other grey plug. The lights I bought have 2 wires that are seperate (yellow and black, my assumption is that the black is the ground) Am I going to have to splice them?

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
There is the 2 wires for each blinker but there isnt a plug. I could be reading this wrong but the stock ones have the grey plug that goes into the other grey plug. The lights I bought have 2 wires that are seperate (yellow and black, my assumption is that the black is the ground) Am I going to have to splice them?

Yes, black is ground. If you want, you can remove the original grey plug from the original blinkers and splice yours to it.

14Indicators_08.jpg