Winter/summer gloves

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Now it's time for winter gloves (in the UK) has the feeling gone?

Biking is all about smoothness and 90% of smoothness comes from the throttle. My right hand aches from the extra pressure required to get that feeling through thick gloves (Alpinestars). What do people think?

B

Bo67

I started out in April wearing winter gloves (MotoBoss). They took some getting used to because they do feel more vague on the throttle. Wore lightweight gloves May-Sep and now I'm transitioning again. Tomorrow is supposed to be 29 degrees in the morning and 58 degrees in the afternoon so I wear heavyweights on the way to work and lightweights on the way home.
I added heated grips to the bike but I still use the winter gloves in the morning because the grips only heat your palms. I figure the disconnected feeling from the throttle with winter gloves is better than the pain (and frostbite) I would get from wearing the lightweights.
On another note, a good purchase is a balaclava (glorified ski mask) for your head. It really helps in keeping that cold air from hitting your neck and running down your jacket. I paid $14 for mine and am glad I did.

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If your using heated grips and want to use lightweight gloves you might want to look into a hand shield (dirt bike style) to keep the wind off your hands. It might not be the most exciting looking thing but your hands will be warm.

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate to admit it but sometimes i miss winter. Im from Buffalo, NY known for its random blizzards but as of right now the army has me in Texas and i miss seasons

B

Bo67

Hey Mike- I'll send you some winter if you like; there's already snow in the mountains here. You'll have to send me a palm tree in return though!
I'm eagerly awaiting taking my kids out trick-or-treating tomorrow in 30 degree weather.;)

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I get heated anything for my bike it'll be gloves, as they keep both sides of your hands warm at the same time (and, installation is a breeze! :p)
I just bought and started using some winter gloves by Olympia. They're comfortable and very warm, but yeah, you lose some feeling on the throttle (I've been using some "Fly" motocross gloves during the summer, very lightweight but not very durable and they really got ragged the first time I hand-washed them).
I'm interested in trying AeroStich's "Vegan" gloves (natural materials but not leather), has anyone tried these? They come in both winter and 3-season weights.

yamadamadoo

Reaction score
Visit site
Got a pair of Fox racing snowpaw cold weather gloves and they're toasty and Comfy. Have a long wrist cuff/coat overlap with an elastic drawstring at the end of the cuff and velcro wrist strap. Too warm to wear above 45-50 degrees.