SPOILER: World Supers...Monza Race report

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, what a day of high drama & mixed results for our Championship front runners....

A couple of big crashes, nasty injuries, 2 restarts for race one, Spies running out of petrol, with metres to the finish line in race 1, whilst leading, Haga crashing out of race 2....

In the end, Spies, made a few points up on Haga in the title chase, but it should of been a lot more....at least Hag has not continued to run away with the title...

Rotten luck for Spies in race one though...cant wait for him to have his first double win at a round...Anyway, here's the news story.

Wins for Fabrizio (Ducati) and Spies (Yamaha) at Monza

:rockon:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bet Ben just cried after Race 1. Oh well. Baring injury I really think he'll win the season. It is truly amazing the skill of this young man, new bike, new circuits, new competitors, massive travel. Wow. What we are witnessing is really unique. Go Ben!!!

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
2 restarts for race one

2 restarts? I only saw one restart, that crash at turn one was pretty nasty. it really looked to me like that bike flying through the air landed on someone. Hard luck to Neukirchner suffering a broken femur and dislocated foot but it could have been a lot worse.

Once again the WSS race was a thriller, those guys ride those 600s like 250GP bikes!

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Noriyuki Haga has revealed a collision with a bird was the reason why he dropped back at the start of the second World Superbike Championship race at Monza, while it also contributed to his eventual retirement.

Haga was looking to further extend his advantage in the standings over Ben Spies after finishing second in the opening race, but after taking the lead down to the first corner, a bird hit the Japanese rider's arm, causing him drop back to 15th by the end of the opening lap.

However, with the impact causing a loss of sensation in Haga's arm, he was struggling to get back up to speed before eventually crashing heavily at the Parabolica on lap three.

An unusual end to what was set to be another successful weekend for the runaway championship leader, Haga remains content with his 54 point buffer to Spies.

“Right at the start of Race two I was hit by a bird on my right arm; it hurt a lot and I lost all sensation, with strong pain and pins and needles in my right arm and hand. I tried to continue to race but it was too difficult to ride and as a result I unfortunately fell. Yes it hurts but I should be back in top shape very soon.

“Race one went much better for me of course and I really enjoyed the racing against Ben and Michel. I though at the end that I would surely end third but then Ben's bike stopped so close to the finish line and I finished in second as a result. I'm sorry for him as he deserved the win and this year me and him will continue to battle it out."

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I havent managed to watch any of the other racing, most importantly the Supersport race as yet...cant wait, sounds like another cracker of a race!

:rockon: