Two Brothers Exhaust review

Erik

Reaction score
Visit site
So today I added and two brothers alum exhaust and a K&N air filter. For those who don't know the exhaust kit by two brothers also comes with a fender eliminator kit. The install took me about 4 hours for both working by myself. It was the first time removing any panels or anything so that took up a good chunk of time.

So the exhaust and fender kit looks AWESOME!!!. The install was pretty easy. Some kinks I ran into was the wiring. According to the instructions you are only suppose to have to splice the wires to your plate light. I ended up having to splice everything and even cannibalize the wires off the old fender. Its a high quality product that I am happy I got.

Now I must the sound you hear on the videos on youtube and such give this exhaust no credit at all. It sounds completely different. It is LOUD!. I mean really loud and deep. It sounds great. After I installed it I was pretty tired so I didn't play with it too much yet. I let you guys know how it the throttle response and such goes. I am really happy with it but the decibel level of the exhaust was a lot louder than I though it would be.

I am still unsure if I need a power commander. I'm gonna change the spark plugs and run it later this week to get an idea if I need to get it remapped or power commander. If anyone has crossed this bridge before please give me a heads up with your findings. Thank!

B

Bo67

Post a sound clip if you can. I'm torn between the 2 Bros and the Lazer Extreme. I'm not looking for a performance gain; just better sound.

Erik

Reaction score
Visit site
before I bought it I watched a lot of sound clips and I gotta say they do the sound no justice. It sounds a lot different. I really love the deep sounds it gives off.

C

clockworkjon

before I bought it I watched a lot of sound clips and I gotta say they do the sound no justice. It sounds a lot different. I really love the deep sounds it gives off.

I agree completely. The videos are crap! Two Bros is deep and loud and has a great rumble at idle and low RPMs. As far as the Lasers go, I can't speak for the sound, but I like 2 fat carbon fiber pipes of the Two Bros more than 4 skinny chrome pipes of the Lasers. Chrome looks strange on an FZ6. To each his own though!

Erik

Reaction score
Visit site
So i rode for a good couple of hours here today and I noticed a pretty big difference in the throttle response. The sound is growing on me and I am loving the exhaust more and more! Here are some pics I took when I got home.

Picture172.jpg

Picture173.jpg

B

Bo67

Ya, I'm on the fence on which brand to buy. My stock exhaust sounds good in my garage and it also sounds good to me at about 8K RPM on up but when I had my tires replaced last month the mechanic took it out for a spin around the block and I wasn't too impressed with the sound of the bike. I don't want to be cruiser loud, just a bit louder and deeper. BTW- Is the 2 Bros a full system or a slip-on? Thanks!

Erik

Reaction score
Visit site
Slip on, If you want to be just a little bit louder then I would not recommend two brothers. Two Brothers is considerably louder. But I tell you I was kind of in the same boat you were about where I wanted the sound to be. But now that I have the two brothers I really really do like it. When I am riding now I don't hear the engine, just the exhaust. When running at high RPM's It sounds like a millions bucks.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll second that Erik. I am more than happy with mine. My only complaint is the FE kit they give you. That is why I stuck with the stock fender.

Last edited:
B

Bo67

Thanks for the info Erik, I appreciate it. I'm not looking to buy anything until after the holidays but between your thoughts and ant_mb's sound bytes I'm really liking the two bros exhaust. Thanks again!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
The clips really doesn't do the exhaust justice. I rode with another FZ6'R today, and he said there was one point in the ride that he couldn't hear his bike, but all he could hear was mine. I rode in the rear too!

Erik

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like FE kit. I know its kind of small but it pretty darn bright. But I did go from the stock fender to the new one and man its a huge difference. Plus with all the noise coming out of the back people are more likely to mistake me for huge truck than not to notice me.

Since I am a firm believer that a camcorder does the sound no justice I will give you guys an idea of it intensity. It drowns out the engine when your riding it, when I started it up this morning I went back inside to get something and with the door shut I could hear it across the house, and the exhaust was facing away from the house and it was outside. It not so much that it is loud but that its so darn DEEP! If the stock exhaust was the sound of Justin Timberlake, Two Brothers would be the Barry White version.

Not to mention when your stopped you can sometimes smell it.... Which I LOVE!

Last edited:
B

Bo67

Nice... I had a Supertrap exhaust on my old Seca and miss the thoaty low and howling high sounds. Will I need a Power Commander with the Two Brothers exhaust? As I said before, I'm not looking for performance gains; just a nicer sound.

Erik

Reaction score
Visit site
I did the two brothers and the K&N filter and It riding fine. This weekend when I get some time I am gonna run new spark plugs in it to see how its burning. I don't think I will need one but we will see.

A common alternative to a PC is getting it remapped by a dealer. I don't see it talked about very much (and don't personally know much about it or a PC) but I know there is a dealer in my area who will do it for $70.

ZeeStorm

Reaction score
Visit site
So is there any way to get this for under $700, preferably under $500? Or if not, is there any exhaust similar to Two Brothers sound for under $500? I know a lot of people who have gotten Yoshi's, but I really liked the sound of those Two Brothers :D