Pics of my bike with a few mods.

KenInSeattle

Reaction score
Visit site
Rear sets powder coated, radiator side panels powder coated, rear shock spring painted bright red, rear hugger cut down mod, rear blinker replacement mod.
1729357177_fe9e5f898b.jpg

1561075503_7e23c8bd05.jpg

1561953088_13090b6324.jpg

1561787966_25bc477681.jpg

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Finally someone powder coated their stock rearsets to match the black frame!! (something Yamaha should have done!) Looks fantastic.

KenInSeattle

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally someone powder coated their stock rearsets to match the black frame!! (something Yamaha should have done!) Looks fantastic.

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, when I took it to the dealership where I purchased the bike they gave me a round of applause. :D They all said that Yamaha should have made it that way from the factory. It makes the bike look soooo much streamlined. Your eye doesn't automatically stop at the big ugly silver things sticking out like sore thumbs.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you ridden it in the rain since cutting down the rear wheel hugger? (duh, I see you're from Seattle! ;) ). Stay dry enough?
It sure looks good! :thumbup:

KenInSeattle

Reaction score
Visit site
Have you ridden it in the rain since cutting down the rear wheel hugger? (duh, I see you're from Seattle! ;) ). Stay dry enough?
It sure looks good! :thumbup:

Yep, I ride rain or shine and the rear shock is still as clean as it was when I put it back on 3 weeks ago. The rear hugger still protects the shock just fine. My TCP Plastics rear hugger will be shipping mid November. I just did the hugger mod myself to see how good I was with the dremel tool. :D It actually turned out much better than I thought. One guy at the dealership asked where I bought it. hehe.

B

Bo67

Looks awesome Ken! Now you've got me thinking about doing some mods myself....

J

jsteinb95

You know what you need now is a fender eliminator. That would be the icing on the cake. :D :thumbup:

KenInSeattle

Reaction score
Visit site
You know what you need now is a fender eliminator. That would be the icing on the cake. :D :thumbup:

Yep, that's on the list. My next mods are the TCP rear hugger, carbon fiber front turn signals (to match the rear ones), bar end mirrors, mirror hole covers from Greggscustoms and the fender eliminator.

J

jsteinb95

Yep, that's on the list. My next mods are the TCP rear hugger, carbon fiber front turn signals (to match the rear ones), bar end mirrors, mirror hole covers from Greggscustoms and the fender eliminator.

Cool! Make sure to take pics and post them. ;)

KenInSeattle

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool! Make sure to take pics and post them. ;)

Will do. The TCP Plastics rear hugger is supposed to ship Nov 5th so hopefully i'll get it around the 12th or 13th. The Carbon Fiber front signals are going on tomorrow. Bar end mirrors will be ordered before Christmas. I'm not sure which fender eliminator I should get though. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

W

wrightme43

Well the Sportrider fender eliminator that I have works nicely.
JStein95's Husband (SportriderFZ6) makes them. LOL They advertise at the top of the home page.

Did you do the powdercoating yourself? I have been considering buying a kit so I could do it, and sell the service as well. If you farmed it out, would you mind either posting or p.m. ing me the cost? I am very impressed by how nicely it brings the bike together, so much that I will have to have it done or do it.
If the farm out is close to 50% of the cost of the kit, I will just buy the kit.

Very nice.

KenInSeattle

Reaction score
Visit site
Well the Sportrider fender eliminator that I have works nicely.
JStein95's Husband (SportriderFZ6) makes them. LOL They advertise at the top of the home page.

Did you do the powdercoating yourself? I have been considering buying a kit so I could do it, and sell the service as well. If you farmed it out, would you mind either posting or p.m. ing me the cost? I am very impressed by how nicely it brings the bike together, so much that I will have to have it done or do it.
If the farm out is close to 50% of the cost of the kit, I will just buy the kit.

Very nice.

No, I had American Powder Coating in Auburn, Washington (20 miles south of Seattle) do it for me. They did both rear sets and both radiator side covers for $30.00. And it was a 2 day turnaround. They matched the color perfectly to the frame of the bike and did a very nice job with it. Thanks for the compliment.

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
I'm going to call American Powder Coating in the morning and ask if they could accept items through the mail. Do you know what color from their color chart they used?

Last edited:

KenInSeattle

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to call American Powder Coating in the morning and ask if they could accept items through the mail. Do you know what color from their color chart they used?

They don't do mail order jobs as they don't have a shipping department. I'm not sure what color he used but he brought out his "swatch" chart and knew exactly what color the Yamaha flat black was. It wasn't listed on his website.