MA & NH - Tire M&B : Who do you use?

fzwing

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I have a set of BT-016s coming in soon. Can't wait to try them! :)

Just checking to see who you've had good luck with for either carry in or bring the bike in service. Local shop in Chelmsford MA. wants $40 per tire for carry in or $80 per tire if you bring the bike in & take wheels off/on. They do a decent job, I've used them before.

Like to hear from other FZ riders in the area with any recommendations for tire m&b and/or any good experiences with Yamaha service depts. in the area.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i had shark cycle put mine on last year.. i think it was like 80$ for them to take the bike and do the tires.. seems about right

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I sold the first bike before I needed tires. With the '08, I am likely going to be chaing them out at the end of the season. I and a few of my friends are considering sharing the cost of a decent piece of equipment to do it ourselves. So, I have no shops to recommend yet.

CZAR357

Reaction score
Visit site

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
fz6innh - how about coastal cycle.. then you could look at the aprilia's while your there :)

:D I've been there a few times while out riding at lunch. Nice guys there! They really do like the FZ6 too.

I'll likely remove the wheel, at the very least, then start calling around to see who has the better price, but I'm not stopping there. I want to see the equipment they will be using as well. I want to know that it is the best for the job and not going to damage my wheels like some folks have had done at their change. :spank: Often, cheaper isn't always better! I may end up right back at Freedom Cycle in Concord, where I bought both mine and my wife's bikes.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i wish i knew how to get the back tire on and off again.. i just worry that i'll screw it up and dont wanna risk it ya know..

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is only my second bike and I also sold my last one before it needed tires. FZ has 1k miles so no tire changes needed. Local shop has done all of the work I have ever needed(oil change, etc.) for about an average price. Their customer service is great though! Westfield, Massachusetts, Honda, Yamaha, Motorcycle, ATV, Utility Vehicle, Dealer, Used, Parts, Service, Accessories, Scooter, Watercraft, Jet Ski

ive been there a few times.. seemed more interested in talking to themselves then helping customers.. but i might have been there on a bad day.. seemed like an ok place.. better than new england cycle center.. i neer will go there again..

fzwing

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, maybe we will get more input on service shops, whether its tires, maintenance & repairs. Like most, I try to do what I can and leave the rest to the pros. Yet to bring the FZ to a Yamaha or any other shop as I've only had this bike since last summer. I will call around next week for more quotes, but I am thinking $30 to $40 per wheel is going rate.

CZAR357

Reaction score
Visit site
ive been there a few times.. seemed more interested in talking to themselves then helping customers.. but i might have been there on a bad day.. seemed like an ok place.. better than new england cycle center.. i neer will go there again..

:shakehead: Maybe. It could be because my family has bought three bikes from them. When I go in there however I am usually greeted. They do have a lot of new people in there now so maybe thats it? I just know that they are typically good at helping out but I have seen cases where you have to get their attention rather than them asking if you need any help.

oscarg85

Reaction score
Visit site
i need tires too i was running some dunlop qualifiers i love them! but i heard that the bt-016 are great too so i have to try them. do ypo know of any good deals??

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:shakehead: Maybe. It could be because my family has bought three bikes from them. When I go in there however I am usually greeted. They do have a lot of new people in there now so maybe thats it? I just know that they are typically good at helping out but I have seen cases where you have to get their attention rather than them asking if you need any help.

eh it happens.. people either are busy and they just dont seem like it or yea, they have some new lazy people.. but either way its not a bad place.. just saying the customer service could be a little better.. i would have no problem bringing my bike in for service there though.. i know those techs are some of the best in the state.. the sales team could take a page from the techs... :)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

The closest dealer to me isn't worth visiting at all. We went there with the intention of buying two bikes and had a VERY difficult time getting a sales person to talk to us and after we did and explained what we wanted, he disappeared for 30 minutes. So... we left.

We drove out of our way to the next dealer, a little over an hour. We were greeted and treated like actual customers. We had their undivided attention and worked with us when we negotiated a lower price and a higher trade-in value for her bike. Freedom Cycle in Concord, NH FTW! :thumbup:

fzwing

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The closest dealer to me isn't worth visiting at all. We went there with the intention of buying two bikes and had a VERY difficult time getting a sales person to talk to us and after we did and explained what we wanted, he disappeared for 30 minutes. So... we left.
QUOTE]

Lemme guess, they are in Pembroke? Large inventory but kind of unorganized?
Opposite of the American League? ;) Yup, it's amazing! 2 bikes to boot!
Thanks for the tip on Freedom Cycle. Good to know for future.
I am checking around on some dealers closer to home this week as my tires should be arriving shortly.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lemme guess, they are in Pembroke? Large inventory but kind of unorganized? Opposite of the American League? ;) Yup, it's amazing! 2 bikes to boot! Thanks for the tip on Freedom Cycle. Good to know for future. I am checking around on some dealers closer to home this week as my tires should be arriving shortly.

Nope... it was in Rochester. Rochester Motorsports. Twice I've tried to give them my money and twice I was left standing around like a window shopper. Unsure about the dealer in Pembroke.

Freedom Cycle is a great dealership and they have nothing but experienced certified mechanics there. They are really customer oriented. I've yet to use them for tires but I know their equipment is top notch. They used to be only Yamaha and Suzuki but they bought the Honda/Kawasaki dealer over on Rte 106 then closed that place. So now they do all four PLUS Can-Am/Skidoo. Big place and lots to choose from.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
For tires, Rob and I regularly use a friend of ours from the local forum. He is good and cheap, and it helps out a fellow rider. He races at Loudon, and changes tires for many of us in the area, so though he's not a dealer, he's pretty darn good at what he does. We have never had a problem. PM me or reiobard if you want info.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope... it was in Rochester. Rochester Motorsports. Twice I've tried to give them my money and twice I was left standing around like a window shopper. Unsure about the dealer in Pembroke.

Freedom Cycle is a great dealership and they have nothing but experienced certified mechanics there. They are really customer oriented. I've yet to use them for tires but I know their equipment is top notch. They used to be only Yamaha and Suzuki but they bought the Honda/Kawasaki dealer over on Rte 106 then closed that place. So now they do all four PLUS Can-Am/Skidoo. Big place and lots to choose from.

awwww.... so sad, you forgot KTM as well.....

I Love Freedom cycle! best dealer out there IMO.

(Other than Forsyth Motorsports of course)

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a set of BT-014s done a while back at Performance Cycles in Shrewsbury, I forget what the fee was but they did a nice job. Not usre if that is too far out of your travel distance though.