maverick1970's Project StreetFighter

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered my headlight today from European Streetfighter. WOOT WOOT!!!! :rockon: :cheer: :rockon: :cheer: Downside is that since it is coming from Germany, Francois (the owner) told me it's going to take 2 - 3 weeks to get here. It's a US customs thing he told me. But that's OK I've got other things I can do. In the meantime, I'll be working on getting my throttle cables and clutch cable reinstalled. I took them off and sent them to Motion Pro to get shorter cables made. Needed shorter cables in order to get the headlight to fit closer to the forks.

src32933.jpeg

Also while I'm waiting for the headlight to arrive, I plan on sawing off the handle bar riser on the top yoke and getting it powder coated. I want mine to look like 4drfocus' from his Project Ironman thread. :thumbup:

SH102615.jpg

Other than that, I'm pretty much done. There are some cosmetic things I'll get eventually (like a seat cowl or a belly pan perhaps), but the major things are done. Below is a list of mods/upgrades I've done already....

Vortex 15T/48T Black Sprockets
EK 520 MVXZ Black Chain
HealTech Speedo Healer
Vortex Black Clip-ons
3rd Eye Bicycle Bar End Mirrors
Two Brothers Carbon Fiber Exhaust
Two Brother FE
Pazzo all black shorty clutch and brake levers
Motovation frame sliders
Rizoma Sportline Billet Grips
Rizoma rear sets w/ custom bracket I made for the brake light sensor
Rizoma Zero-11 turning signals on the front and rear
Mivv Catalyst Replacement Pipe
Jet-Hot coated headers and Mivv Catalyst Replacement Pipe
DuPont Hot Rod Black paint job (bike was originally red)
Painted radiator side panels black with black frame color matching Color Rite paint.
Removed center stand
Removed passenger rear sets
Custom made bracket for Speedo

Thanks David/Wavex your advice!!!!

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
My pleasure Jeremy! I am glad you finally pulled the trigger on that headlight... I can't wait to see it on your bike...

About the top triple clamp, I had never seen what 4drfocus had done, and while it looks great, I'd be worried about the integrity of the clamp... do you know if that was discussed/looked at already?

Oh btw, don't be surprised if you get the headlight in 5-6 weeks only... it can indeed take time.

Keep us posted!

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Mav I am digging the projector headlights, I have always liked those but couldn't find any to fit my budget. It's ironic that you posted that pic of the triple because I painted mine black last week! I am doing a total transformation on the bike and I'll post a thread in a week or two. The only thing I noticed about 4drfocus' triple is it is really wavy. If you look close at the pic, the top surface looks very uneven. You need to take your time when you do this, obviously.
Also, I have not noticed any effects whatsoever either bad or good from this mod except that it cleans up the front end a LOT! Any concerns about integrity are unfounded. You must post pics when you get it done :thumbup: Let me know if you need anything.

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, and also, you cant really put the clip on's under the triple unless you don't want to have any steering maneuverability. Seriously, I tried every way possible because it feels wonderful with the bars that low but they slap the tank on even the most neutral turns. I have thought about taking the tank to an autobody shop to see if they could dent the front corners of the tank evenly but it would be a heck of a lot of money :(

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
I've currently got my clip-ons below the top clamp. Your are correct that the clip-ons hit the tank, but I used some JB Weld and glued some nuts to the steering stopping limits. Yes I have less turning angle but it's only a problem in tight places.

I got the idea of using JB Welding nuts to the steering stops from the SBN forum. I don't remember who and would search for it if the fracking site was working :(

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
Having the bars below the triple is really the best ergonomic and racy position. I just wish the turning radius was smaller :(

What clipons are you using, I didnt see in your list? I'm using the blackbird clipons currently because they were cheap but I would love to get a pair of the fully adjustable ones. Also what do you do about your steering lock?

Edit: Blind me, there it is "Vortex black clipons" :spank:

Last edited:

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
See the attached pic.

With the fork turned all the way to the left (as seen in the pic) the two nuts will touching each other... hehehe nutz touching :D Sorry I couldn't help myself ;) This will prevent the clip-ons from hitting the tank.

All I did was JB Welded nuts on the steering stops. You could chose to do only one nut, but I used one nut on each side so that I could have the clip-ons angled back for a more aggressive style. I loved it when I went to the track a few weeks back.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I mount my blackbirk heli bar clipons under the top triple. This allows for proper geometry, adequate steering for the street or track, and the aggressive position needed to really hang off at the track.

Someone needs to buy my Vrod headlight!!!

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a pretty good idea to keep the bar from hitting the tank but can you use the steering lock? Also, when I put the bars under the triple, I can't even make a right turn at a stop sign! Do you think it's just my clipons?

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
No I can't lock the forks.

Without seeing your setup, I can't actually say what the problem is. It maybe something as simple as the clip-ons are angled inward too much.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
I hacked the risers off the top clamp today. I want to fill the holes so that I don't harm the structural integrity of the clamp.

What do you guys think about using this stuff to fill in the whole?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jijW310xvp4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Durafix Aluminum Welding Rods[/ame]

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a pretty good idea to keep the bar from hitting the tank but can you use the steering lock? Also, when I put the bars under the triple, I can't even make a right turn at a stop sign! Do you think it's just my clipons?

I have clip-ons, mounted below the top clamp, and have a "stop" in place on the bottom triple clamp that limits steering lock so as to prevent the bars hitting the tank...and i have no problems turning whilst riding, or from a stop, so i reckon you must have your clip-ons angled in too far.

:thumbup:

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are some quick pics of the top triple clamp/top yoke after cutting and grinding the risers off. I plan on filling the holes and then getting it painted black. My custom clutch and throttle cables should be arriving soon.

01a724ec.jpg

07c47ae9.jpg

9250a33d.jpg