FZ6 front light burn out

vinpub

Reaction score
Visit site
We just noticed that one of our the front lights is busted. It works only on HIgh beam, but does not work on regular beam setting.
Which leads me to believe that it (one of the elements) is busted. Can someoen suggest where I can get replacement bulb (on line may be?)? Do I have to go to the dealer or any other stores (like AutoZone for example) carry them? How hard/easy is it to change the bulb in the front?
Thank you in advance.

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
We just noticed that one of our the front lights is busted. It works only on HIgh beam, but does not work on regular beam setting.
Which leads me to believe that it (one of the elements) is busted. Can someoen suggest where I can get replacement bulb (on line may be?)? Do I have to go to the dealer or any other stores (like AutoZone for example) carry them? How hard/easy is it to change the bulb in the front?
Thank you in advance.
Auto zone does carry motorcycle bulbs. Thats where I bought mine.

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
Your light is not broken. Yamaha intentionally engineered the FZ6 that way. There is a very, very long post about this problem and how to fix it, you can find it if you search for it.

Why, you ask? That question haunts us all.

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
This is normal... this is how your lights are designed to work out of the factory. It's not broken. In low beam, one light is on. In high beam, your low beam light is still on, and your high beam light (the other light) comes on.

As others have said, there is a mod you can do to make both lights work in low-beam.

vinpub

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you all for your quick response. I am glad I checked with teh forum before going and getting a replacement bulb.
Thats a very confusing feature design. Sure they could have done a Low/low and Hi/Hi design like V-Strom and others!
I guess this will be the first mod I work on. It looks a little off when only one side HLs are on.
Thank you all again.

vinpub

Reaction score
Visit site
Thansk Limey. I will be doing my first Mod soon (hopefully this weekend).
Thank you all for help.