Makeup

jdesiano1

Up to no Good
Reaction score
Visit site
What makeup do you wear when riding, if any? I never go out without my face lol. I tend to leave off the foundation mostly so it doesn't get the inside of my helmet too dirty.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I wear makeup - foundation, powder, blush, eyeshadow, eye liner, mascara - the whole bit (carry it with me for touch ups too but don't usually need it). I haven't had any problems with foundation getting the helmet dirty and even if it did - it's only makeup LOL.

You do have to take the helmet off sometimes ya know! Men just don't understand but they always want us to look good!

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I only wear it if I am going to a destination (not just a ride), and it's a destination that would warrant earrings. If at all possible, I just bring the bare minimum with me and put it on quick in the parking lot or bathroom before heading in, if not, just eyeshadow and lip gloss. Everything else mucks up the helmet pads.

Then again, I am not a make-up girl in the first place....

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
My daily face includes a concealer and a foundation powder. If I needed mascara I'd definately pick a water-proof one. I've also heard that the Kanebo 38 degrees stays in place. I used to carry a lipgloss with me but I always ended up searching a lip care from my pockets instead. (I'm addicted to lip care)

The Buff helps a lot to keep the inside of the helmet clean. My helmet has stayed quite clean so far but I think the cheek pads will be the first to need washing.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife wears it all but she is more of a fair weather rider so I dunno how she would deal with rain or heat. I read somewhere else on the forums that shampoo is a good thing to clean your helmet pads with and I suggested that for my wife's cheek pads.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I only ever wear mascara so it isn't an issue for me. In the summer though it gets hot and sweaty.. so sweat is more of an issue than any makeup. The more you sweat too, the more makeup wears off onto your pads.

To wash the pads, I put them in a pillow case and throw them in the washer, and lay them flat to dry. I have a front loader, so it is more gentle on them than a regular agitator washer.

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
My Missus doesn't bother with the stuff on the bike (or anywhere for that matter). Biking isn't a fashion show for her, when she gets on a bike the object of the game is to ride the thing properly and thrash the pants off it. Maybe she doesn't have a load of shallow blokes drooling over her when we go to bike meets, but she has the last laugh when she gets back on her bike and blows them into the weeds five miles up the road.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
What is this 'makeup' you speak of?

funny. i was telling my wife about this thread today and about this post specifically. she laughed when i quoted it for her.

she told me to pass along that you ladies should look into mineral makeup. i guess it stays put better or something. she explained why, but makeup talk doesn't really stick in this noggin.

J

jsteinb95

I don't put on make up to go for a ride! Sometimes I just don't wear makeup because I don't care how I look. That's right.....I look terrible without make up. Sometimes I wear my Metallica shirts with huge holes in 'em too. I'm "the slob" kind of girl! :D

Crystal

Reaction score
Visit site
I wear my normal stuff. I ride to work a lot or if we cruise on weekends there usuallly is someplace we go. I do wear mineral powder and havent had too much of a problem with that. Eyeshadow, mascara, and lip gloss. I dont go anywhere without lip gloss. I am way addicted to that stuff

moopie

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't ever wear make up when riding. Most of my riding is on the weekend which means it's feel comfortable time! I've never been much for wearing the stuff cause even at the age of 29 my skin is still sensitive to breaking out. I use only the mineral stuff and mostly just go with a greenish powder to try and tone down some redness. I do have a foundation to use on special occasions! I'd rather sleep longer than spend more time putting on make up. I worry that one day it will become a necessity to look younger. My eyes are already getting puffy underneath. :(

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered a sample kit from Everyday Minerals. It includes three foundations, a blush and a concealer. For the last couple of years I've only used a concealer and a pressed powder but now I decided to try the mineral makeup too.

If you have any experience on EM foundations, I'd be glad to hear.

Love Enigma

Reaction score
Visit site
I do my eyes uber dramatic and sexy, but I never wear lipstick or anything. That's just my personality!! =D

Hello fellow female riders! <3

xplodnstar

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride to work 4 of 5 days, so I do my makeup at home. Mascara, some shadow, maybe liner, but foundation would just be gone for me by the time I get in. Whatever type it was.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
I just ordered a sample kit from Everyday Minerals. It includes three foundations, a blush and a concealer. For the last couple of years I've only used a concealer and a pressed powder but now I decided to try the mineral makeup too.

If you have any experience on EM foundations, I'd be glad to hear.

i don't have any experience with it but i know they have a forum. how do i know? because my wife is on it more than i'm on the fz6 forum. :eek:

nastygal

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Makeup/road dirt

My question is. While riding, I do wear foundation and other makeup, my issue is that I get road dirt that sticks in my foundation after riding a long day. I have tried sweatproof, mineral makeup and liquid foundations. I am looking for somthing that won't "stick". The men who are riding with me will have minimal dirt, while sometimes I look like I come out of the coal mine at the end of the day.
I need a foundation that will not attract road dust/dirt.
Any replies would be great!:thumbup: