Windscreen Questions?

morrobaybum

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have done some searching and came up with little so I was looking for some help. I was wondering if anyone knows about a windscreen that is dark smoked but that is really small, I looked at the Puigs but I dont like the double bubbles style, plus they are really tall. So any suggestions for a short smoked windscreen?

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure of a smaller one, but you can bring your stock one to a Sign place or graphic's place and they can wrap it in any desighn you want for about $50 Your not going to be able to see threw it but you will have any design you want. I'm in the process of having it wraped in red(if i have faster red bike) and my sons name in Japanes e(our bikes are Japanese) in grey border and black leters. When finished i will post pic's. Hope i helped.:Sport:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also trying to find a smaller but smoked screen .... might just settle for spraying my stock one.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
:confused: Don't judge a forum by avatar pics mate. Magseal is good ppl. So are most of the guys/gals on there. SBN is THE source for FZ6 info. That's not a hack at this site, but SBN has been around for many, many years. So if you can't find something here, try SBN next.

Last edited:

bike10

Reaction score
Visit site
I am modifying mine. I cut out the center section and used the scrap to make a step and paint it same color as bike. I will make a new screen from scratch and then mount. It will look similar to the front of an 07. Looking like an 07 wasn't my goal, I just wanted to try out an idea I had. I will post pics when I'm done.

bike10

Reaction score
Visit site
In respnse to Boneman's comments. He's right. There are some funny and very infomative people at SBN. This site is good too. I some times just like reading the posts for a laugh. Some really tallented people out there with great ideas too.

vinpub

Reaction score
Visit site
Some of these paint jobs look good ... inspiring.
I have a '05 FZ6. How do you take the windscreen off? I tried to search on the forums but came up with little on instaling/replacing windscreen. If I am not mistaken '05 seems like a sanp-in design vs '07 which is a screwed-in design. Can someone explain? I dont want to break/crack any plastics.
Thank you.

bike10

Reaction score
Visit site
Easy! Pull the rubber boots up. There is a plastic screw under the chin and two on ether side of the mirrors. comes right off.