Differences between 05/06 and 07?

knox

Reaction score
Visit site
Are there any major differences between the 05/06 and the 07? I notice the instrument cluster has changed, anything else (forks, FI mapping, Brakes, etc...)?

Thanks!

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
apparently the brakes are better, the seat is different (more comfortable!), the colour of the engine is different...you can google it and you'll find the info ya need...probably from a Yamaha source.

Great to have you on this site...you own an FZ6 yourself yet?

knox

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks... I have read some of the differences, but I thought I would get some real-world answers from the fine people on this board.

I don't own one yet, but am in the market. There is a
silver used '05 at the local dealer with 1800 adult ridden miles for $5200, which I know could be talked down. Didn't know if it was worth saving some more moola for the '08 Black, er... Raven to come out.

S

sportrider

the front calipers are different on the 07s the swing arm is different and the fairing and gauges. I think it comes down to a matter of preference. not to knock the newer bikes at all but, I like the fairing better on the older FZs, I like the gauges better on the newer ones, I like the paint matched side pods better on the older as well as the front fender, I'm on the fence on the passenger hand grabs and tail section. I like the bar clamp better on the newer ones. so as you can see its just a matter of preference. I've yet to ride a 07 or newer so as far as refinement I have no opinion.

anyhows thats my two cents worth, 1800 miles isn't even broken in, in my book so it comes down to a matter of finances and preference. if you can swing a good deal go for it.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
haha, I know how you feel...I was in the market a few weeks ago, bought myself a new 2007 model in lava red...wow!! :)

If your willing to wait for the 2008 I'd say you should...you cant get black over there can you? so the 2008 will be the first one??? Well worth the wait if you ask me...the black one is pretty!! :) But of course, nowhere near as nice as the red....!!! :):)

knox

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you, everyone. I may just start putting some money aside for the '08. That black sure is pretty, much like every other color out there.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd get the new one just for the brakes, swingarm, and weight....when you start considering ALL the improvements it would be really hard for me to get a pre2007 at this point...
________
Leather Cams

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So the differences DO make a difference... That's good to know.
Only in the hands of a truely skilled operator. You need to ask yourself one question. What am I really going to do on it? They are all good bikes. What ever you buy you will get used to and be very pleased with. If the bike dosn't perform in a particular area that you would like it to. Mod it, loads of members tweak them. Thats what makes it a good platform. IMO. I forgot to mention that I am not that skilled operator. I rode a 2007 (I have an 06) The main difference I found was the clocks are nicer, and the throttle was less snatchy. I have got used to my throttle now though so unless I was on a track. I dont think it will make that much difference. Anyway good luck let us know what you get and why.

Neil

Last edited: