Best Ride

B

Bo67

Commute to work today was one of those "best ride ever" moments:

Out on the interstate at 5 am; still dark out at this time of year and no traffic on the road. Perfectly clear skies and 48 degrees F. There was a full moon out to my south (the left side of my visor) and I had a great view of the big dipper to the north (the ride side of my visor). I could see both clearly while looking straight ahead. I know, I know; keep your eyes on the road but it was just to mesmerizing to resist. Add to that about 7 shooting stars I saw falling (the remnants of last weeks meteor shower) and my 45 mile commute became one of the most memorable rides that i can remember.
Don't get me wrong; I love acceleration and hammering a nice corner but that normally dull ride to work on a straight interstate was, I won't say spiritual, but very peaceful and beautiful. I was in a great mood until I worked at my crappy job for 10 hours and then was stuck in rush hour traffic for 30 minutes on the commute home. Still though, that ride in this morning was just awesome.
Just wanted to share this with you all and also ask you what is your favorite ride?

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
A month ago I rode out 8 hours to a place called Sudbury grabbed a motel for the night and rode home early the next morning. It was also really neat to see the sun rising with no traffic on the road... just the hum of the tires and the purr of the I4.... oh sweat it is....:Sport:

st_croix_wis

Reaction score
Visit site
The commute this morning was 39 degrees (F), but the 26 miles home were right into the almost full moon. Very nice ride.

Mike

S

sportrider

Don't get me wrong, I have occasionally been know to just go for a "cruise". there is just something about being on a bike that can make anything better.the sights and smells are much more vivid when your in there VS looking through a plate of glass inside a climate controlled cage. I love riding through the apple orchards of Oak Glen in the spring time, smelling the blossoming trees, the feeling of the cool morning breeze. there is a little place I like to stop and just reflect on how good it is to be alive!!!(and a fresh slice of hot apple pie ala mode!!!)

JohnnyT

Reaction score
Visit site
Did a nice long 320 mile ride this week-end. Came home a little sore but had a big smile on my face. The ride to work starts the day off right, like a good cup of coffee. Man, this bike does it all. :wav: