Xelement??? Anyone??

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
decent look and very low price, from those pictures you can't really see how good the stitching is or feel how durable the material is. It is better than nothing, if that is all you can afford right now then go for it. You will most likely get more gear down the road anyway. I have at least 3 full sets of gear and will probably buy more as i find new and better things, all of my gear has it's uses and weather types to ride in. Good luck with the gear search.

Welcome to the forum!

Ride lots and post often!!!

jdesiano1

Up to no Good
Reaction score
Visit site
My hubby and I both have the xelement racing boots (49.99). They seem pretty nice and are definitely stiff enough to protect your feet. They don't have all the bells and whistles (like vents) but are good for the money. I can't say about the jackets but they seem decent.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks ok, but I don't see mention of elbow pads. Also, the pads it does have don't seem to be CE (for what it's worth.)

I have this Nitro Jacket. It about the same price as the one you're looking at. It doesn;t have leather accents, but it does have a full compliment of CE armor.

I've been very happy with this jacket for about two years now. It could be more waterproof. I just wear a proper rain layer under it and I'm fine. (BTW - waterproof cordura isn't)

It's good enough for now - until I can get the 'Stitch I've always wanted.

Last edited:

Wiz

Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: for stuff from Newenough.com. Great folks, I have bought a lot of gear from them over the years at a very decent price. The Xelement stuff looks good, you might be able to buy last years design from new enough of a similar name brand jacket for nearly the same price. Just a thought,,,,,

Yasso

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had a pair of boots, gloves, and a jacket. None of them have held up well. Both the boots and the jacket have terrible zippers. I've had them pop open from the middle. If you buy from leatherup, be very careful what you get.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
i have the impact boots and they kick ass. Leatherup is a great site as well. They ship stuff really fast. Ive bought a leather jacket and a helmet from their site as well and I've had zero problems with the quality.

49859_H_SH315_MW355.jpg

larryinpa

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of their touring boots. They use velco closures, are comfortable and seem to offer good protection (never tested). They have no venting and can get quite warm in hot weather riding, but I like them for most of my riding. I've had them 2 years and seem to be holding up well.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
XElement is good stuff. But you know what, there are many lesser known brands that make good stuff compared to the famous pricey ones. For instance check EXL, Motorcycle-Leather-and-Accessories and jackets_4_bikes on ebay. I have the EXL jeans and jacket. IMO and others too, EXL quality even beats some of the reputed brands like FirstGear, FieldSheer.

Last edited:

arv077

arfz6
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought my 2006 FZ6 and looking to grab some decent (though inexpensive) gear.

Has anyone seen or used Xelement stuff?

This is the one I am looking at from Leatherup.

Men's Armored Motorcycle Black & Blue Cordura With Leather Trim Jackets

Thanks Much!

I got this same jacket - and I'm quite happy with it. It comes with the liner which is not bad in 40 degree weather. Beyond 80, i remove the liner; there are pads on the elbow, shoulders, and back; they dont' feel the most protective, but for some pretty decent city riding, it's good enough for me!

:thumbup: