The TRUE NAKED FZ6

yamadamadoo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello !
I think this thread may be directed more towards our european (or any country that sells it without the cowling) FZ6 riders.

I have a typical american 2005 FZ6 With the cowling. I would like to find out how much it would cost to procure the parts needed so I can swap out the cowling in the summer months and change it up with the Euro headlight, frame, mirrors and (if needed) the rear cover for the instrument cluster and any other smaller but not visible mounting parts.
The American Yammy dealerships say they have no access to or can't import the parts and the Euro Yammy dealers (i've called England and Ireland dealerships) won't ship them overseas.
The American Yamaha website gives full access to part numbers and diagrams but I can't find a Yammy website in another country that offers that convienence. Not fair to you guys at all !

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Even if it is only part numbers. Thank you.

Last edited:

yamadamadoo

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow ! Those two links just took me on a two hour journey into some great ideas for going full on naked. I also saw a single side TWO BROTHERS exhaust with a belly pan to fill the gap where the factory exhaust was. Really clean. I have tracked down most of the part numbers and prices for the european FZ6N. Not too expensive till I got to the headlight. Found out that there are two different versions of the light. One is directed to the left for the U.K. and the other is directed to the right for countries that drive on the right side of the road. After looking at some of the better quality aftermarket headlight set-ups, it may cost about the same for the Yammy parts if I can find a company to reasonably ship them.

Thanks for the links. Great stuff.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah the headlight will be the most expensive part to get... if you ever do the actual Euro conversion, using all OEM parts, please make sure you share your progress reports with us :)

Good luck! :rockon: