Installing Flush Mounts

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Installing Flush Mounts-Updated to Include 07-08

Any install instructions or are they necessary? How do you remove the old lights and keep the new ones in place (sorry very new to these things).

I know, I know, for you veterans this is nothing new, but, if you are new to the bike you may not realize how easy it is to remove the front turn signals and replace them.

First, take a look at the images in the parts catalog at www.yamaha.com. You will notice that the body of the Signal housing attaches to the Flasher Stay (Items 9 & 18 for 04-06 Models).
Beginning in 2007 the Rubber Flasher Stay and Signal Body are held in with a clamp (Items 19 - 24 on the 07-08 Models). Thanks reiobard for posting the change in another thread:
if it is an 08 then they are not mounted to the fairings, just little metal brackets that hang down from the fairing.

For the 04-06 Models reach inside the fairing from the top, lift these rubber catches up, and pull the flasher stay, it will pop right out leaving the signal body free to remove with no twisting or tugging.

For the 07-08 Models reach inside the fairing from the top, and unscrew, (Screws 21 & 24), this should free up the clamps (Items 20 & 23) leaving the signal body free to remove with no twisting or tugging.

Disconnect the Flasher Stay from the wiring, remove the Signal Body, put double sided tape on your flush mounts (usually included in the package) feed the flushmount wire through the hole, line up your flushmount and press it into place, connect the wiring and your done. Fast, easy, clean looking :thumbup:. Hope this helps, those of you that are just getting familiar with your bike.

Last edited:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Here is what the finish product looks like:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

yamahaha

that guy is fast
Reaction score
Visit site
it took me an hour to get my blinkers off!
i was reaching in from the top and lifting the rubber bracket things w/ one hand and trying to pull the blinker out w/ the other. When in fact i needed to be lifting the rubber bracket things and pulling/snapping the flasher stay bracket off from the inside, thus allowing the blinker to be pulled out rather effortlessly.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Good day all,

Anyone able to help Brady diagnose this problem?

"... I was trying to put mine in and was having some issues.. tried turning on the lights and now my fronts nor rear signals work.. checked the fuse and it was ok.. i tried reconnecting the stock front turn signals and even with those connected i cant get the lights to work.. does that mean there is a short somewhere?

thanks for your help,

brady

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good day all,

Anyone able to help Brady diagnose this problem?

"... I was trying to put mine in and was having some issues.. tried turning on the lights and now my fronts nor rear signals work.. checked the fuse and it was ok.. i tried reconnecting the stock front turn signals and even with those connected i cant get the lights to work.. does that mean there is a short somewhere?

thanks for your help,

brady

Yes I can. :D
Is brady on our forum? What bike is it?