Battery Charging

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
As winter is approaching I would like to remove the battery and store it in a warmer environment. I will be using a Battery Tender to keep it charged but I have a question or two doing this.

If I remove the battery will the odometer remain at it's current mileage mark? I know this sounds like a dumb question but I'm not aware if the current mileage is written to a non-volatile random access memory in the gauge.

Another option is to leave the battery on the FZ6. At what temperature range could I leave a Battery Tender plugged in? Here is Iowa it gets down below zero at times during the winter.

R

Rich

I live in ND, just a tad cooler than you probably get.

I leave my battery in the bike. I just ran the tender harness to the battery and leave it plugged in most of the winter. It's an 04 and I haven't had a problem. I do the same with my other bike.

Batteries like the cold, just keep them charged up.

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
I leave my battery in the bike. I just ran the tender harness to the battery and leave it plugged in most of the winter.

Sorry to hear you live in North Dakota... like Iowa is any better. LOL

It's good to hear you can leave it [Battery Tender] plugged in through the winter. This is probably the route I will take as well. Keeping juice on the gauge might be better too.