Checking out these ICON gloves, any body have them?

Gemini77

Reaction score
Visit site
Checking out these gloves, do any of you guys have them? any pros or cons?

ICON Tarmac 3
IC143.jpg

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have any of them, but I have a 'short' pair like them. The only downside to mine is that the ends of the gloves don't overlap my jacket sleeves at all, so as a consequence the wind goes up the sleeves of my jacket. In summer not an issue, but when it's cold the last thing I want is cold air blowing up the inside of my jacket.

cxp344

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the Super Duty gloves, which are similar. Aside from a LOT of dye coming off onto my hands during the first couple of months, I like them. As GastonJ mentioned, the short profile means that your jacket sleeves will catch wind, but that isn't an issue most of the time. I've got about 4 years on mine and the color has faded considerably, but I'm not really bothered by stuff like that as long as the material has held up. (which it has) Never been down, though, so who's to say how they'll hold up in a crash.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have any of them, but I have a 'short' pair like them. The only downside to mine is that the ends of the gloves don't overlap my jacket sleeves at all, so as a consequence the wind goes up the sleeves of my jacket. In summer not an issue, but when it's cold the last thing I want is cold air blowing up the inside of my jacket.

+1 on this, I had the same problem with the short gloves.

rdoucet

Ghost Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have similar gloves by Icon, gloves are tight at first but break in to a great fit after a while. Not a great glove for cold days but great for when temperatures are warmer!

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Tarmac v2.0 which are basically the same just a different look. I've tried these on and they feel Identical. Make sure you get a pair that fits comfortably at purchase. I bought some that were a bit snug and they took forever to stretch out. They will offer little to no wind protection on cold days, so beware if you live in a cold climate.

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have the tarmac 2.0 as well and i love them. yeah the wind can get in there, so i use liners in the cold. but in the warmer weather they're great. had them for over a year now and they aren't showing any signs of wear.

C

CombatPenguin

I have a pair and think there great, they do fit snug but break in well. I would buy them again.

Relayer1974

Bubba Zanetti
Reaction score
Visit site

Except when I have an inch and a half tan line above each wrist. :D

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Super Duty, which someone mentioned above are similar to those. They're quite comfortable, as everyone mentioned. And they didn't do fook-all in my one street crash some time ago. My hand was lacerated and my finger was broken completely through in two places. No glove will protect you from every accident, of course, but I've had plenty of track crashes in my Racer High Ends and my Alpinestars GP Plus (a carbon-copy of the Racers) that had me land on one hand or the other, with no damage.

I use the Super Duty now as pit-crew gloves, and they're great for hauling wheels around. :thumbup: