First Annual Deals Gap FZ6RC Meet 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wrightme43

OK it looks like we are going to have a FZ6RC meet in May 30th-31st and June 1st of 2008.That gives us Fri, Sat, Sun, and check out by 10 or so monday.

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC
This is a website paid for by Ghram co. Travel and its members. It is not associated with the Crossroads of time.

Treetops and The Ridge Vacation Rental, Graham County NC 828-479-8400
Here is the treetops again. It is $205 a night with a minumum of three nights.
So its a $615 plus 10% tax and a few fees. Basicly $725 plus $150 for good food for every one for three days. $875/ 9 people is less than $100 each.
If someone trucks in thier bike we can get groceries in the truck, if not we just have to swarm store with empty saddle bags and ride back. Its about 20 minutes to town, and 20 minutes to the dragon, but only 5 minutes from the Cherohawla skyway.

We will be able to have chicken tortollini alfredo, green beans, garlic toast, and dessert on Fri night.
eggs, sasauge, bisquits/gravy and cereal with milk for breakfast sat + sun
BBQ hamburgers/hotdogs, corn on the cob, baked beans, and chips for dinner on Sat.
It will be alot smaller group on Sunday night as some people end up leaving Sunday around noon to be home. I wont leave untill Monday morning but there will be food no matter what. I am skinny but I love to eat.

I plan to leave out from B.G. KY around daybreak, But if one of you KY/TN people have a different plan let me know.

So far we have a count me in from
BikerBob in PA
AntMB in NJ
Wrigtme43 in KY
We need 6 more and can handle up to 12-13 more. First to pay get the beds, 9 of them. Next gets the Couch, (its nice I slept there last year) after that you need to bring sleeping bags.
Any couples would be able to share a full size beds.

The pictures just do not do it justice at all in anyway shape or form. Its beautiful.
Downsides
We will have to raise the minimum soon to pay for it and reserve it. It goes quick for prime riding times.
The date is subject to change as it may rent before we raise the money.
I want to get at least 6 commits before I open paypal.
If the ones that commit pay a little extra as it gets closer more people will decide to come. The price will go down and the late comers will have to pay 10-20$ that will make the price for the people that had to overpay early go down. I think that is only fair.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Questions? Concerns?

Last edited by a moderator:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me know when paypal opens up and I'll get it right over!

I won't be trucking in, but will have 3 bags to help carry whatever needs be. It sounds like this will be a lot of fun.

W

wrightme43

BikerBill and Mrs. BikerBill will be riding in
Wrightme43 and my lovely lady friend will be riding in.
So that brings us to 5 people.
That frees up two beds though, since we can share beds.
So now were up to 11 people before the couch.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a little over a 700 mile ride for me. I will probably head out on thursday morning and find a place nearby to sleep over.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
now if I could just get a sitter for the kids

Leave the old lady to the task!:) I'm sure whe will see this and give a tongue lashing though!;)

J

jsteinb95

now if I could just get a sitter for the kids

Leave the old lady to the task!:) I'm sure whe will see this and give a tongue lashing though!;)

um......that won't work because I would go too.

W

wrightme43

W

wrightme43

Nope Danny and the Lady in Charge just need to set up the West Coast FZ6RC meet. Solves the whole problem.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
I will keep my eye on this thread... if the date changes I would be interested... those roads are crazier than normal on a holiday weekend.

It would a nice trip only about 535 miles from here. I would just hate to ride it on a holiday weekend...

we will see what developes

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am in, Just tell me where and when to send the money. I will be alone so whatever, wherever and however I'M IN.:Sport:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea we may have more luck if it's not a holiday weekend. I'm in either way though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.