Can you listen to music and ride?

ang1dust

My bike is smokin I think
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
I found a pair of Bluetooth stereo headphones made by Motorola - S9 - that fit perfectly under my helmet. They are stereo blue tooth and come straight from my phone (Q9M). Its perfect - the only thing i was missing.

I now feel complete. :)

Motorola S9 Active Bluetooth Headphones Review (MobileBurn)
for specs and look

they are really nice if you plan to go on long roads. I must say it took me a good 2 weeks before i got used to the earbuds. But now that i am used to them when im on the road - in the words of peter griffon - "thats friggin sweet!"

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
sign0017.gif
I too ride every so often with my Shuffle, it's illegal here in Pennsylvania, so I'm guilty as charged.:(

Wow the state that lets you ride without a helmet, won't let you ride with music.

I'm not sure if it's legal or not in Jersey, but I ride 80% of the time with music.

Lucky

Reaction score
Visit site
Seems in Canada driving with headphones is ilegal. I don't know about riding, but people use it. For me as a beginner better don't use it.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with Lucky on this. I don't want to be distracted.

I love to ride to music, and don't think it distracts me. I could be wrong though! it makes a ride sometimes!

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am guilty as charged as well. But when i drive back and forth from FLORIDA to NY, my headphones are pricless.

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
I figured that ear buds would block sound kind of like ear plugs do (but with a little soft music too). The problem that I have is that my helmet (full face) yanks the buds out of my ears when I put it on.

Is there a particular model/style of headphones that will stay put when putting on am helmet?

B

Bo67

I'm too much of a wuss to listen to music while riding. Back in 1984 though I bought a stereo system (made by Yamaha coincidentally) that used a Walkman with a weatherproof case that connected to a bar mounted 40 watt amp. The speakers were mounted in 2 replacement mirrors and back in the day they sounded awesome. The stereo featured speed volume control and was a whole lot smaller than those tank bag sized cabinets that you used to have to bolt a car stereo in to. Anyway, I'm dating myself now. I would love an MP3 player that had a helmet mounted boom mic with voice command so I could turn the music off in the city and on while on the interstate.

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
just shove the helmet on holding the earbuds on with your thumbs, works for me every time...:Sport:

I think I took them too literally when they said you wanted a tight for for your helmet. I don't think I could fit my thumbs up there.

... maybe after its broken in a bit ...

Reaction score
Visit site
Just an FYI. In Pennsylvania as with many other states you are permitted to wear earphones as long as they are not touching your ears. That means the iAsus ones or chatterbox stereo phones are legal.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last night I worked late so I took the freeway home, it was about 1am and my first time to ride at night. I was trying to go faster than everyone else but we where all doing 75mph. Anyway the whole time I had the song from Cake, Going The Distance in my head. I don't need music.:rockon:

Actually I'm such a music nut that I will give my ipod a try someday.

Combat

Reaction score
Visit site
The problem I have run into is that I can't hear the music once I cross 30mph. If I turn it up loud enough to hear over 30 then I'm going to blow my ear drums after not too long.