Winter gloves!

Johnfz6r

Reaction score
Visit site
Well with spring here this is the last thing alot of people are thinking of is winter gear. I on the other hand have been riding in everyday it is not raining so the morning are chilly! I got a awsome deal on a motoboss winter jacket at the cyclegear store clost to my house, it was just 60 bucks! It has been keeping me super warm in the mornings!
Cycle Gear - MOTOBOSS: Swift Waterproof 3/4 Textile Motorcycle Jacket, GRAY/BLACK
(given not the best looking jacket)

The winter gloves I got from there for 5 bucks have my hands numb with in the first 15 min of my hour long ride....
Cycle Gear - MOTOBOSS: Team Winter Motorcycle Gloves, BLACK

What do you guys have that can deal with riding in the teens-30's that keep your hands good and warm! I saw these from another thread.
Cold / Wet days - http://www.newenough.com/gloves/insulated_and_or_waterproof/joe_rocket/ballistic_5_motorcycle_gloves.html"]Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0[/URL] - $40 from New Enough (everything is new... don't worry)
These are awesome glove for riding in crap weather. They kept my digits warm on 10F days for up to a half hour. They claim to be waterproof, but as with most waterproof gear there's a limit. They generally keep my hands dry, but today I rode in a downpour for an hour and a half and they eventually soaked through.
jrballisticglove.jpg

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up with these, they are also very good in cold weather. JR Nitrogen. Make sure they fit comfortably...too tight and they will not be warm.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want ultimate cold weather and water protection you could get cold water diving gloves. I don't know how they would hold up in a fall but then again most of the cold weather motorcycle gloves are just skiing gloves.

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Alpinestars Vega Drystar Gloves Blue 2XL

Got mine last winter and glove is quite well around 40F, I have not try in raining and I believed is waterproof.
Good thing I like bout this gloves is give knuckle protection and not hurting your knuckle also has liner so is good during winter...
Bad thing when come a bit warmer then your hand will be sweating inside
Good luck

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Those Alpinestars look good. I've tried ski gloves (Columbia) and they were warm as heck, but they were too soft to get a good grip and feel for the controls. In fact, it was difficult to turn the throttle, which made my wrist sore. Obviously no protection factor either.