Naked FZ6 (?)

Yuri

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, This my my first post here so a little about myself. I am 17 (live in Michigan US) and right now I have a 1982 750 Maxim, I just got it the end of this summer for a nice price just to learn on. I really enjoy riding and I think I'm getting much better. It's a really nice bike but I am looking for something different for the next summer. Fz6 seems like a great bike but the look of it is just killing me, it's not an all out sport bike look like the r6 yet with all the fairing it's not a standard or naked bike either. FZ6N on the other hand looks exactly how I picture a naked bike. It looks slow to most people who don't ride, so I wont be pressured to race it much by my friends who are in street racing, and the fact that I will still beat a lot of their cars without them expecting is just awesome. After looking around the web and comparing sv650, honda 599 and the fazer I finally decided that my goal should be to get the fz6n by the next summer.
Now here is the question. Am I out of luck because there is no naked version in USA at all or is it possible to get it here somehow? I am in no hurry, just wanted to have something to look forward to. Saving money a is a lot easier when you know what you are saving for:D

Thanks

Last edited:

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Not in the states. They've been making the naked for a while now (i think since 2004) but yamaha has yet to bring it "across the pond". I wish they would, it makes me sad that i can't get a naked fz6.....sometimes, at night, i cry myself to sleep wishing mine was naked.....i didn't share too much did i?

I feel for ya bro :rockon:

Yuri

Reaction score
Visit site
All right, thanks guys. There is no way I would be able to put the extra $ in the bike to make it naked so that probably is not going to happen. Anyway, not a big deal, the soonest I'd be able to get a second bike is spring and things might change before then.

By the way, I was out on a ride today and saw a red FZ6. It actually looks a lot better then I thought it did from the pictures.

Thanks again for advices.

Last edited: