BT021 front vs rear life

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
Now that this tyre has been out for a while im sure a good few of you will have racked up some miles on them. Basically, i like the bt020 and suits my style well, 2 up alot of the time with some twisty action.

I changed the rear at 4k and will need new front and rear when i hit around 7 to 8k.

Ive heard rumours of the 021 fronts not lasting as long as the rear, which I thought was strange and dont want to spend needless cash on an extra tyre every 4k miles. The alternative was Michelin Pilot Road 2 which i considered changing to but will stick with the bridgestone if people have had good experiences

cheers folks, dave

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't spreak for the BT021s front, but my Pilot Road 2 front is at 6500 and still looks good. My rear BT020 lasted 5,500, just replaced it with the BT021. The new BT021 (rear) is a much better tire IMHO.
Oh, and the (front) Pilot Road 2's sides are wearing faster than the center so I imagine it would do great as a touring tire.

Last edited:

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got just shy of 6k on my 021s and I'm very happy with them (probably 60-70% of those miles are commuting). The rear has started to square off ever so slightly, but it isn't anything to worry about. Neither tire is even close to the wear indicator yet. I expect I'll get at least 10k out of them, maybe 12k. The front is holding up very well, if it's wearing any faster than the rear, then it isn't by much. It's raining here now but if you really want the numbers I'll measure the tread on both tomorrow morning before I leave for work.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
There is a long post on here by someone from Bridgestone explaining the best combinations and the developments they have made in the tyre types that are fitted to the FZ6.

The only thing I can really remember from it is that he said to NOT mix the tyre types between your front and rear. Apparently a lot of people used to use a harder BT tyre on the rear (to make it last longer) and a softer on the front (for
extra grip) and that's not the best way to make use of the tyres...

I'm sure someone who is more bothered than me can post the link here. Or you should be able to search for it.