SPOILER: Moto GP round 1 results - Qatar

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, it's finally been run & won....Stoner first, Rossi 2nd, Lorenzo 3rd, Edwards 4th, Dovizioso 5th, De Angleis 6th, Vermeulen 7th, Kallio 8th, Elias 9th, De Puniet 10th, Pedrosa 11th, Hayden 12th.....much better as race wore on!, Gibernau 13th, Melandri 14th...after falling off, then rejoining 9 seconds behind the field, Takahashi got the last point in 15th...Capiroosi crashed, Toseland finished out of the points....

Stoner seemed to have all the ansers tonight....

:rockon:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It was a pretty boring race and I hope not an indication of the season to come.

Pedrosa was very lucky to stay on after being side-swiped by de Angelis. Pedrosa was understandably unhappy, I don't know how he stayed on that bike. “He came straight into me, I was in front and he came into me to close me down. (He showed…) no respect, but life will return the favour to him,” seethed the Repsol Honda rider, who had been battling with De Angelis and Chris Vermeulen at the time of the incident. Vermeulen had passed him, but De Angelis’ attempted opportunism led to his touching the Repsol Honda rider and facing a meeting with the stewards following the race.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I watched (what seemed like first round?) of MotoGP last night on speed TV. Stoner was bloody fast, he finished the race like 6-8 seconds ahead of everyone. Rossi dissapointingly finished like 5 or 6th if I remember correctly. It was amazing watching these guys throw their bikes around. :thumbup:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I watched (what seemed like first round?) of MotoGP last night on speed TV. Stoner was bloody fast, he finished the race like 6-8 seconds ahead of everyone. Rossi dissapointingly finished like 5 or 6th if I remember correctly. It was amazing watching these guys throw their bikes around. :thumbup:

Think that may have been a replay of last years event.

Stoner was fast, and did finish quite a way in front, but Rossi definately came second.
Keep an eye on Dovisioso, he's gunna do well this year.

:)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It was a pretty boring race and I hope not an indication of the season to come.

Pedrosa was very lucky to stay on after being side-swiped by de Angelis. Pedrosa was understandably unhappy, I don't know how he stayed on that bike. “He came straight into me, I was in front and he came into me to close me down. (He showed…) no respect, but life will return the favour to him,” seethed the Repsol Honda rider, who had been battling with De Angelis and Chris Vermeulen at the time of the incident. Vermeulen had passed him, but De Angelis’ attempted opportunism led to his touching the Repsol Honda rider and facing a meeting with the stewards following the race.

Yes that was not a nice pass, to be fair though, Pedrosa did get it a bit wrong going into the corner...but De Angelis was also way too hot as well...so it will be interesting to see whether they give De Angelis a slap on the wrist!

Pedrosa was indeed lucky to stay on...

Was nice to see Nicky Hayden improve as the race went on, Toseland looks "gone" already! :( And Melandri seemed to be riding with enthusiasm again, even though he is on a bike that wont get any better as the year goes on!

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Think that may have been a replay of last years event.

Stoner was fast, and did finish quite a way in front, but Rossi definately came second.
Keep an eye on Dovisioso, he's gunna do well this year.

:)

And Kallio,he seemed to get more confident as the race settled down.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally we get it run and won, i sat up till all hours of sunday night waiting :(....But an Aussie domination albeit a day late was well worth the wait :D......Rossi better get used to the sight of that Ducati disappearing in front of him , i think its going to be a very sucsessful year for the little baby faced Aussie assasin :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i. hate. you. oh well, I figured that new Ducati would kick some serious butt! We have to wait here in the US until 1pm on TUESDAY to see the race on TV :(

Could have something to do with the rider......

Funny how the Ducati has been pretty decent even since a certain Mr Stony hopped onboard!

Is weird how no-one seems to be able to go fast on it, though????

Is not the case with the Yamaha....they are all going ok, as for Mr Honda.....one word...."underacheiving"...

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I still haven't seen it :( We're thinking of getting the Thursday night group together and instead of riding to the pizza place, we'll ride to a bud's house who has it on TiVo to order delivery pizza and watch!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got to watch the race tonight (thanks Wolf for the spoiler warning)
Kind of a snoozer but it was nice to see Edwards do well. Bike sure look good under the lights. Hope we see some close racing like in WSBK.
Hopefullly Nicky can stick it to Honda this year.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got to watch the race tonight (thanks Wolf for the spoiler warning)
Kind of a snoozer but it was nice to see Edwards do well. Bike sure look good under the lights. Hope we see some close racing like in WSBK.
Hopefullly Nicky can stick it to Honda this year.

Would really like to see Edwards and Hayden do well this year...both are great racers, and decent blokes!

I think the Honda's are going to struggle this year...they lack a legitimate star...Pedrosa should be kicking butt, but seems to struggle for consistency...and has started the season injured...not a great way to build confidence, especially when Stoner & Rossi are continueing to dominate...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Remember the Edwards/Bayliss battles in WSBK some years back. They were soooo fun to watch.

Thewy sure were, and that seasons intense battle, when Edwards came fromn behind on points in the second half of the season to beat Bayliss for the Championship, is the very reason i have always liked Edwards so much since...Both of them fought hard, but still actually ated like reasonable human beings to each other, off track....both very classy racers!