Cheap tyres

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I know a lot of you guys don't like the stock Dunlops. However, I saw this advert for D208RR tyres at £110 ($220) the pair, against £180/190 for Bridgestones. They claim to be a new product, that's sticky & has good life expectancy. Anyone tried them.

I don't need tyres for another 1000 miles at least but this just looked like a good bargain

M & P - Product Information for 901424

W

wrightme43

My opinion is that any new tire is better than a worn out tire. The problem with tires is that every time I have tried to save money on tires, I have spent more. If I have to buy two sets of cheaper to one set of more expensive, I havent saved any money. All I have done is stretched out the same money, and added to it, while driving on something less effective.
You may have totally great results with those tires. They are a name brand, they are not ChengShin, Maxxis, Kenda or some other mystery tire. Most of the reviews I have read have shown dulops to not last long.
The dunlops that came on my ninja were terrible. That doesnt mean these tires are. It is just my experince. I am hard headed though. If someone makes junk and sells it to me, I assume that they will do it again and again, untill I stop buying it. So I just save myself trouble and stop buying.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Steve. Found a review for these tyres elsewhere. Seems they are a great track day tyre & as such a very grippy road tyre but don't give a lot of life. So, I've decided not to bother. However, If it's the tyre for you, the offer at M&P is about a third off RRP.

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
My opinion is that any new tire is better than a worn out tire. The problem with tires is that every time I have tried to save money on tires, I have spent more. If I have to buy two sets of cheaper to one set of more expensive, I havent saved any money. All I have done is stretched out the same money, and added to it, while driving on something less effective.
You may have totally great results with those tires. They are a name brand, they are not ChengShin, Maxxis, Kenda or some other mystery tire. Most of the reviews I have read have shown dulops to not last long.
The dunlops that came on my ninja were terrible. That doesnt mean these tires are. It is just my experince. I am hard headed though. If someone makes junk and sells it to me, I assume that they will do it again and again, untill I stop buying it. So I just save myself trouble and stop buying.
Maxxis tires are actually a really good tire with alot of time under their belt. There street tires are on there way to becoming a good tire also. Maxxis tires pretty much run and own the MDR and thta is hard on tires.

W

wrightme43

I have never owned a Maxxis tire.
I do know they are a division of ChengShin

About Cheng Shin Group

Headquartered in Changhwa, Taiwan, Cheng Shin Group is the world's 13th largest tire manufacturer with sales in 2004 approaching $1 billion. Its total capital is about $530 million. Cheng Shin Group comprises Cheng Shin / Taiwan (CST), Cheng Shin - Toyo / China (CSTC), Cheng Shin - Xiamen / China (XCS), Cheng Shin - Petrel / China (CSTP), Cheng Shin - Tianjin / China (CSTF) and MAXXIS International / Thailand (MIT). Under the trademark of MAXXIS, the Group produces tires for bicycles, ATVs and Go-Karts, motorcycles, passenger cars, light and industrial trucks, commercial vehicles, buses, and agricultural tractors. Its customers include GM, VW, Mitsubishi, Hyundai, Toyota, Nissan, Ford, Piaggio, Honda, Yamaha, Kymco, and Giant, etc. Additional information on Cheng Shin Group can be found on the worldwide web at Maxxis Tires .

Maybe they have drasticly improved there quality for the Maxxis brand. I am hard headed. LOL Just the way I am.