Help fitting LED Turn Signals

wodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Not sure if I have the wrong LED turn signals or if I am being a bit dim? I cant seem to find anyway to mount the round LED turn signals into the diamond shaped hole left by removing the stock signals. The new LEDs I have will not fit into the stock mount (with lens stem removed) if I leave it in place (plus it would look silly having the round LEDs popping out of the diamond mounting brackets). I have ordered some plates what were supposed to fit either side of the metal mounting bracket and allow you to mount the round turn signals but they are just bigger than the hole and not very secure.

Can I ask what others have done out there to get around this? Some pictures would be great...

Many thanks
Warren

wodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, those look the same as I have bought but they do not fit the bracket very well. The picture on that link is an R6 and it looks like my plates would fit that okay but not my FZ6 bracket. Can anyone send me a pic of their FZ6 with these adapters in place?

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
Thanks, those look the same as I have bought but they do not fit the bracket very well. The picture on that link is an R6 and it looks like my plates would fit that okay but not my FZ6 bracket. Can anyone send me a pic of their FZ6 with these adapters in place?

None of them that I have seen fit perfect. I tried 3 different sets and they where all the same. I thought about making my own but never got around to it.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
If you have the original ones, theres a small metal adapter plate burried down inside the rubber grommet part. Take a socket and remove the bolt from the inside, the whole thing should come apart and you'll see it. No clue if it will fit naked on the fairing, but its the right shape.

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a set of Motrax adapters on clearance at Cycle Gear. Part number - ISY2. The inner piece fits perfect, the outer, not so much. It's off by just a tiny amount, nothing 3 seconds with a dremel can't take care of. Now I need to find some signals I like.

soupflakes

Reaction score
Visit site
Buddy of mine has a laser cnc, I've come up with a model of the adapter in solidworks, and we're going to make our own. I'm sure once we get the shape right and figure out how much they will cost we might possibly be interested in selling sets. To keep the price down, we're going to experiment and see how 3/8" acrylic will hold up on my bike first, and then we'll go from there.

soupflakes

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, if someone has dimensions of one of their adapters that fits, could you send them to me? I'm just looking for diameters of each end, and overall length from round end to round end. I've got an idea, but want to see what sizes you guys have.

Wallawallafz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I drilled holes in the plastic fairing and flush mounted the led's. Very sleek look and removed the stock mounts and signals. I used some clear silicone in the mounting process to weatherproof the mount. Maybe not what you were thinking of doing but a good option nonetheless.

Good luck and If you find what you are wanting post it up here.