Qatar MotoGP Qualifying Times!

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hot off the press, live TV coverage just finished!

1: Stoner, 1:55,286
2: Rossi
3: Lorenzo
4: Dovizioso
5: Capirossi
6: Edwards
7: de Puniet
8: Vermeulen
9: de Angelis
10: Kallio
11: Melandri
12: Elias
13: Toseland
14: Pedrosa
15: Gibernau
16: Hayden
17: Takahashi
18: Canepa

Nicky Hayden crashed minutes before the end of qualifying and the doctors are still attending to him as I type this.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Casey half a second quicker. Think he loves that track ;)

On a sad note, Marco Simoncelli’s team have announced that 2008 250cc Champion will not take part in Sunday’s first race of the year due to his scaphoid injury.
I had him down for winning the title again this year, I know it's only 1 race, but can make all the difference.
Simoncelli to miss first race of the year | The Official MotoGP Website

:)

Hot off the press, live TV coverage just finished!

You get Live coverage of Qualifying?? Sweet. Do you have a subscription to MotoGP.com? I was thinking of getting it, but still have Foxtel here, so I get all the races Live on that, but not Quallies

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First of all...thanks for posting the Qualifying results!

Well it looks like most of the favoured players are where we expected them, and as for the others who should of done better, Pedrosa is injured, might explain his poor showing, Vermeulen looks still to be struggling with the Suzuki, and surprise, surprise, someone else is struggling on the Ducati....Oh Nicky, what have you done....looks like the Ducati is turning out more and more to be a one man bike!

Time will tell i suppose....cant wait for the race!

:rockon:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, that was a bit of a flop. 4 laps in the 125's, half a race in the 250's and no racing for the big-boys, all because of rain... I thought Qatar was a bloody desert??? The commentators said it only rains there about 5 days a year, how unlucky.

Anyway, it will be on tonight now...

After the season-opening Commercialbank Grand Prix of Qatar was interrupted by rain on Sunday evening the MotoGP race had to be postponed and will now be run on Monday evening at 9pm local time, with an additional warm-up session beforehand at 6.30pm.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, that was a bit of a flop. 4 laps in the 125's, half a race in the 250's and no racing for the big-boys, all because of rain... I thought Qatar was a bloody desert??? The commentators said it only rains there about 5 days a year, how unlucky.

Anyway, it will be on tonight now...

I haven't been to Quatar but I can tell you that Kuwait and Iraq rain like a beeatch when it does happen, usually accompanied by high winds. On my other computer I've got a photo of my Soldiers in Kuwait all huddle together as the rain is coming down sideways. They were all laughing because it was about 95 degrees and everyone welcomed the relief.