Love my FZ-6

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had been feeling guilty and empty. I haven't gotten to get on the bike much lately, with school fulltime and work about 21 hours a week and all. I go home Monday's, Friday's, and Saturday's to work, and when it is nice out I stop by my parents house and take the bike to work, and go the long way there and back. It hasn't been nice out for like 3 weeks until Monday. I went home during lunch, I usually take a half hour, but I knew I was going to ride, so I took an hour, and rode the bike back to work. Getting back on it reminded me why I got it, and why I love it. Life had gotten monotonus the past few weeks, being really busy, and not having time to get on the bike. I had been having the thoughts in the back of my head about neglecting the bike, because it needs washed, I usually wash and wax it every week, or many many times twice a week. It has not a scratch on it, and shines better than the day it was new, but its dusty and it sitting there with not having time to wash it really bothers me. I was also thinking about the payment I am making and having thoughts about, what am I paying for, the bike is just sitting there. Well, as soon as I started it up on Monday, I was reminded. The sound of that engine with those Scorpions is beautiful. It completed me. I found some long straight roads along with some nice twisties. I finally ended up rolling over 4000 miles. I have lost a little bit of weight and noticed I was lifting the front tire out of a couple of the turns. It was amazing. It made me realize why I make that payment, and what I have been missing. The weather here should be good this weekend, and I am planning on going home and staying this time. I have to put brakes on my girlfriends car and most of my tools are at home. But once I am done with that, my real baby, shh dont tell her, is going to get a nice and thorough clean, wax, and lube. It will be soo nice to have a shining bike again. It's the least I can do for it for all the joy that it brings me.

So, I might be weird. Oh well. I love my bike. Winter is going to suck, but I love this fall weather. I am going to try to get some more miles in the next few weeks.

W

wrightme43

I understand man. I hadnt got to ride mine in a while untill today. I ran a full tank of fuel out today. I love my baby too.
She is a good bike.

S

sportrider

+1 I understand completely!!! if I go more then a couple days with out riding I start getting grumpy.

mediumbob

Reaction score
Visit site
We are on a total outdoor watering ban here in Georgia so I don't get to wash it as much as I like but the more I ride, the more I need to ride.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have ridden my Fz6 197 straight days. In other words, there has not been a day that that I have not riden since I have owned my bike. Wonder if there are any members who can top that!

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
I like my bike too....it is very relaxing and exhilarating at the same time jsut to go out for a nice spin....

On my birthday last week I took the afternoon off and went for a nice long ride....just enjoying the sounds and feelings provided by the FZ6

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dako81 +1 here to mate. Just a word of warning don't be bragging on how prietine she is. I did that and then modified my tank with a bumbell lol.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have ridden my Fz6 197 straight days. In other words, there has not been a day that that I have not riden since I have owned my bike. Wonder if there are any members who can top that!
Thats some record Vegas, I'm only going to say one word to you "vacation" she will be there when you get back lol.

Neil