FZ6 Euro Parts

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks. I was looking for the knuckle visor (hand guards) part # 4S8-W0748-74-00. They also have a good looking toprack for the Givi that attaches right on the grab rails. Thank you in advance for any help.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I doubt you'll have much luck finding a US dealer who has any euro parts available. Your best bet is to track down the part numbers and try to get one to order the parts for you. Even then it'll still be an uphill battle. But if you do find someone let us know, I've been doing some serious contemplating on importing the headlight and peripherals from the naked model.

On a sidenote.....might seem like a weird question, but I don't suppose you are a Vonnegut fan?

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
ah, it was worth a shot....."Goodbye Blue Monday" is a famous line/theme from one of his books.

If you have someone who can import for you then that's probably going to be your best option.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
With this new fangled interweb thingy, can you not just order what you want direct from the Euopean maker / stockists? I know the dollar rate stinks at the moment, but you're going to have to pay premium dollar rates to whoever you buy European goods from.

yamadamadoo

Reaction score
Visit site
I called two Yammy dealers in England and one in Ireland. They said they won't ship the euro parts over here. Different market or some crap. If I flew over there, I'm sure they would be more than happy to sell me anything I want.
I just looked up the general affairs number for the Yammy home office in Japan.I'm callin' them tomorrow. Hope someone there understands english.

Don't forget Yamaha's Word of the day.
KANDO: The japanese word for the simultaneous feeling of deep satisfaction and intense excitement that people experience when they encounter something of exceptional value. . . . (unless of course you are in a different sales market)

Last edited:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
kewl, let us know what happens. Those boys across the waters have the coolest bike parts. hope it wont cost us an arm and a leg, lol

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Just a thought here guys, but we seem to have a few members here who live on that side of the pond. Perhaps something can be worked out? If both sides are willing, we set something up where you would send your money to a UK member, they buy the Euro items and get it shipped to their address. Then once received, forward and ship them onto the buyer her in North America....and vice versa if needed. This might also cut down on any customs/duty fees if "personal" stuff was shipped as "gifts"...nudge, nudge, wink,wink.....

Just an idea.

My sister lives in Bristol, UK and I have often thought of getting her to order and ship me stuff if I ever needed it.

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a thought here guys, but we seem to have a few members here who live on that side of the pond. Perhaps something can be worked out? If both sides are willing, we set something up where you would send your money to a UK member, they buy the Euro items and get it shipped to their address. Then once received, forward and ship them onto the buyer her in North America....and vice versa if needed. This might also cut down on any customs/duty fees if "personal" stuff was shipped as "gifts"...nudge, nudge, wink,wink.....

Just an idea.

My sister lives in Bristol, UK and I have often thought of getting her to order and ship me stuff if I ever needed it.
I would be more than happy to order stuff for you guys. Im not into financial markets and the like. So we would need to sort something out. So that neither party gets screwed on the exchange. This sounds like it could be a pretty good bussiness, especially as we seem to have more bolt ons than you guys. Im really new to pay pal to so I don't know if it works when paying in a different currency. As I said though I would be more than happy to source items for you guys. Maybe cloggy would do this to as you get a better deal for the euro? As a gentlemans agreement I think it should also be made clear that we don't profit fromforum members. Call me old fashioned. If some one wants to e-mail me the order numbers of the most popular sought items I will have a look at the various prices and put a thread up.

Neil

Neil

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe cloggy would do this to as you get a better deal for the euro? As a gentlemans agreement I think it should also be made clear that we don't profit fromforum members.
Neil

I will look into postage costs, euro parts costs, maximum value allowed on "presents" for my (Forum) family (without incuring tax).

I presently don't have paypal (or knows how it works :confused:) . the dutch version of E bay, Maarktplaats doesn't require paypal.

I am happy to supply parts to you guys state-side as long I don't incur any xtra costs, have to repack stuff or fill in lots of paperwork.

I'm happy to do this for a few smaller and cheaper articles, so you can forget that new frame you were thinking about :)

I'm not planning to start up a (non profit) business, so a few articles for friends of the forum is OK but ordering loads at a time, or for a mate of a mate is out.

Anyway I'll first enquire by the post office (and paypal) to know how do-able this is.

By the way blue monday I've got that Givi rack you was on about, it works perfectly. I ordered the FZ6 S2 T (the T stands for touring and includes the touring windshield, said Givi rack and a topbox to go with it)
I suspect this is not available on the other side of the pond.

Anyway let me look into things and I'll get back to you.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will look into postage costs, euro parts costs, maximum value allowed on "presents" for my (Forum) family (without incuring tax).

I presently don't have paypal (or knows how it works :confused:) . the dutch version of E bay, Maarktplaats doesn't require paypal.

I am happy to supply parts to you guys state-side as long I don't incur any xtra costs, have to repack stuff or fill in lots of paperwork.

I'm happy to do this for a few smaller and cheaper articles, so you can forget that new frame you were thinking about :)

I'm not planning to start up a (non profit) business, so a few articles for friends of the forum is OK but ordering loads at a time, or for a mate of a mate is out.

Anyway I'll first enquire by the post office (and paypal) to know how do-able this is.

By the way blue monday I've got that Givi rack you was on about, it works perfectly. I ordered the FZ6 S2 T (the T stands for touring and includes the touring windshield, said Givi rack and a topbox to go with it)
I suspect this is not available on the other side of the pond.

Anyway let me look into things and I'll get back to you.
Cloggy, mate I didn't mean for you to get lumbered. I was mearly Soliloquising. I will leave the ball firmly in our American friends park. If yis wants a bit gimme the part number and I will source it and cost it. The rest is up to you.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I live in Ireland and our many dealers can order in those knuckle visors with no problems. I have no problem ordering some for you but in terms of money, they are expensive!! (but they look damn cool!!)

Just for the sake of it: here are some UK prices:

some prices for you ; knuckle visors £ 109.99
full cowling kit £ 380.00
datatag kit £ 59.99
upgrade YAMAHA ALARM £ 225.00 ( FITTED )
heated grips ( YAMAHA ) £ 204.99
OXFORD heated grips £ 99.00 ( FITTED )

So obviously out of that lot..the knuckle visors will be your only wish! :) This is copied and pasted from my local dealer when I was asking about prices and availability.

You find a way to send me the money, the delivery shouldn't cost much. Its only light plastic for the knuckle visors and I can just put it in an unmarked box and have it sent as a present! Simple! :)

O and I'm living in both Belfast and the South of Ireland...so I could get things sourced cheaper in either place!

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry guys I'm going to get my arse into gear, totally forgotten about this until I got another request via PM. I'm going to sort out a paypal account in the coming week so if there is anyone out there who is interested in one of these racks let me know, here is the link to the Dutch site Accessory Details
It costs €119 ex postage and package, and no I don't except credits :) . I can send this item no problem but whether you have to declare it is dependant on your country, and is your responsibility. I know in the Netherlands officially you have to declare oversea's buys to the tax office.
Here are the dutch postage prices, Tarieven Internationaal Pakket Plus - Buiten EuropaI don't think you need any translation except that "alle overige landen" means all other countries (not specifically mentioned).
Please let me know if you're still interested.