My new Nelson Rigg setup!

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
My new Luggage showed up in the mail today from Motorcycle-Superstore. I got the Nelson Rigg Expandable Tank Bag, Expandable Tail Bag, and Touring Saddlebags w/ Heatshields. It's a ridiculous amount of storage, easily enough for a week's worth of stuff. I haven't got to ride with it on yet, but once I do I'll give my thoughts.

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't got it put on yet. I've got frame sliders, the puig, and some handguards that should be getting put on this weekend.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
My Cee Bailey windscreen is enroute. I wish I could try it and the Puig to see which works better, but whatever on that. Looks like your heading for some cross-continent traveling!! I understand Chile is really nice this time of year :rockon:

W

wrightme43

LOL Rock on man.

If I had any photoshop skills thought I would shop a sink with pipes and spraying water onto it. LOL LOL

Thats a lot of luggage right there. LOL

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet! Now, how do you get your leg over the bike? ;)

I didn't have too much trouble. Just had to use my arm to help lift my leg a little higher haha.

I'm loving the tankbag because it doubles as a backpack. I always hated the strain on the back when riding with a normal backpack on when I needed to take shoes to work with me, or books to class.

The saddlebags were kind of a pain to fit under the seat, so they'll probably be a pretty permanent fixture. I'm curious to see how the bike handles with them on compared to without. We'll see in the morning I guess, I have class at 9 and they're calling for 20mph winds.

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
My Cee Bailey windscreen is enroute. I wish I could try it and the Puig to see which works better, but whatever on that. Looks like your heading for some cross-continent traveling!! I understand Chile is really nice this time of year :rockon:

The funny thing is that I don't have any trips planned that would require this much luggage haha. Most of my vacation leave is already accounted for, so the longest trip I could pull off this season would just be for a long weekend.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
That i understand, I'm a ridiculous gearwhore. Make a plan for when you finish school to put them to good use.

The funny thing is that I don't have any trips planned that would require this much luggage haha. Most of my vacation leave is already accounted for, so the longest trip I could pull off this season would just be for a long weekend.

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
Installed my Puig, Frame Sliders, and PowerMadd Handguards.

First two pics are before/after of the front. Last two are the sliders.

samevo8

Reaction score
Visit site
So do you leave the saddlebags on your bike permanently? How does your bike handle w/ the sadlebags on?

With the straps under the seat, I'd imagine passenger comfort (no tail bag) would be okay?

Could you take pic closeups of how you mounted your saddlebags? I'm thinking about purchasing the same saddlebags. Thanks!

Sam

The saddlebags were kind of a pain to fit under the seat, so they'll probably be a pretty permanent fixture. I'm curious to see how the bike handles with them on compared to without. We'll see in the morning I guess, I have class at 9 and they're calling for 20mph winds.