Crash Bars

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone installed the SW-Motech crash bars? Do they look terribly out of place on our clean machine?

I was considering them since it seems they would provide a lot more protection than frame sliders if you put the bike down while moving. Might also be a nice alternative footrest on a long ride ...

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
IMO, I was going to use them as well. I had bought the Yamaha version, and decided after the fact to return them. If you look closely on the left side, the frame actually comes close to the oil filter. I have a filter end cap wrench which I attach a torque wrench. Having the frame on there would prohibit me from using it thus removing the frame everytime I change oil. Forget that mess. I went with the frame sliders.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
IMO, I was going to use them as well. I had bought the Yamaha version, and decided after the fact to return them. If you look closely on the left side, the frame actually comes close to the oil filter. I have a filter end cap wrench which I attach a torque wrench. Having the frame on there would prohibit me from using it thus removing the frame everytime I change oil. Forget that mess. I went with the frame sliders.
I was also looking at them until I saw your post. Cheers mate, saved me alot of hassel.

Neil

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I've posted this before somewhere on here; My local Yamaha dealer advised me against buying the genuine Yamaha sliders, on the premise that they experience of the sliders shearing & punching through the engine casing (clutch side).

kyle_ott

Reaction score
Visit site
i got a custom stunt cage for my bike made in the summer. WORKS AWESOME! only cost me...... $70 for parts and $140 to have it made. i went to home depot and got black seamless gas pipe. ive kicked my bike over just to see how strong it is... STRONG take a look.

First FZ6 Stunt cage? - Sportbikes.net