Still can't decide what to do about bars.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got Heli-bar Blackbird clipons but had considered those LSLs before making my purchase....they look nice but you can get the same setup from a $30 set of regular blackbird clipons.

How about you give em' a try and tell us how your wrists feel.;)

Might be an issue for uber long rides but for a 300 mile twisty Saturday it shouldn't be unless you're doing something wrong. At the track, with almost no weight at all on your hands, it's not problem at all.

I really liked my handle-bars and was sad to see them go....gotta prioritize though.
________
The View Condo Prathumnak

Last edited:

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
Im not worried about the comfort issue right now, just curious about the clearance issues.......can you put clip ons under the top clamp or do have to drop the forks?

S

sportrider

I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I believe you have to slide the forks in the clamp so 1 inch is sticking out past the top clamp so you have enough fork tube to mount the clip on.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Sportrider, you're correct but it depends on what you buy.

He's wondering what his options with these are. They look to have the same rise as the blackbird clipons. If you've got a fairing you'll need to go on top wth these. If you're naked, then you've got lots of options. I've got the heli-bars which are expensive but give you more mounting/clearence options. Mine are mounted under the top triple...fyi, there are other threads with more info and pictures regarding this topic...I'd post the links but I have to run!
________
Vaporizer vidoes

Last edited:

ScottyJFZ

UVBNFZD....Watch Out!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys....new here and am a proud owner of an '02 FZ1....

My brother just bought an FZ6 and after I took a spin on it I said, Man those bars are narrow and very uncomfortavle." I told my bro to get the Rizoma bars I have on my FZ1. He has ordered them and should be putting them on this week. I found that going into tight twisty corners your wrist positon on the stock bars almost locks your elbow out. The rizoma bars should help give more leverage. Just my 2 cents...I think I have a picture if I can post it I will.

FZ6 is a great bike and I think my bro will love it when he gets it the way he wants it.

Scotty J.

S

sportrider

Hi guys....new here and am a proud owner of an '02 FZ1....

My brother just bought an FZ6 and after I took a spin on it I said, Man those bars are narrow and very uncomfortavle." I told my bro to get the Rizoma bars I have on my FZ1. He has ordered them and should be putting them on this week. I found that going into tight twisty corners your wrist positon on the stock bars almost locks your elbow out. The rizoma bars should help give more leverage. Just my 2 cents...I think I have a picture if I can post it I will.

FZ6 is a great bike and I think my bro will love it when he gets it the way he wants it.

Scotty J.
post up a pic!!! I was checking out the stock FZ1 bars and thought about getting a set for my bike, but I wasn't sure if there would be any clearance issues.

ScottyJFZ

UVBNFZD....Watch Out!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Rizoma bars...not stock ...the difference from stock FZ1 bars is the sweep where your hands go is less...so your wrists are in better position....If you want to order them go to PJ's Parts - Accessories For Every Bike And Rider and talk to either PJ or Paige and tell them Scotty J. sent you. They are a Rizoma dealer and usually have them in stock in most colors. They are $59.00....you can also get the Rizoma bar ends or PJ will tap the bars for you for a small fee. I think the stock barends for the FZ6 and FZ1 are the same.

Last edited:
S

sportrider

I like um. the FZ1 I saw the bars were flat, no rise at all is that stock? maybe he had aftermarket bars also.

ScottyJFZ

UVBNFZD....Watch Out!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
The '06-'08 FZ1's stock bars are a flat bar '01-'05 the stock bars had a rise in them like the rizomas on my FZ1 in the picture. I ahve heard some guys that own FZ6''s have been trying the newer FZ1 stock bars (the flat bar)...I think both will work...the flat bar would be a bit more aggressive...

Scotty J.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
I really appreciate all the replies......i would rather keep a bar than go with clip ons just because i dont want to drop the forks and screw with geometry.....i really like the new and old FZ1 bars, im looking for that more aggressive riding position, will i have to modify anything with either style FZ1 bar?

I know this is prob. the millionth discussion on handle bars, and i apologize, but im the newbie and cant use the dang search SORRY!

ScottyJFZ

UVBNFZD....Watch Out!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I really appreciate all the replies......i would rather keep a bar than go with clip ons just because i dont want to drop the forks and screw with geometry.....i really like the new and old FZ1 bars, im looking for that more aggressive riding position, will i have to modify anything with either style FZ1 bar?

I know this is prob. the millionth discussion on handle bars, and i apologize, but im the newbie and cant use the dang search SORRY!

You should not have to modify anything....I saw a picture of a guy who had RED Rizoma bars like mine on his FZ6 on the FZ6 forum over at sportbikes.net and he said no issues with hitting the fairing or anything....the rizomas will put you in a more aggressive riding position and if you wanted it to be more I think you can get lower risers to mount the bars.

If you can post you should be able to use the search function.
Scotty J.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the rizomas alot, and i havent seen or heard of lower risers yet....

I can use the search i just can never find what im looking for

ScottyJFZ

UVBNFZD....Watch Out!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the rizomas alot, and i havent seen or heard of lower risers yet....

I can use the search i just can never find what im looking for

Give PJ or paige a call at PJ's Parts - Accessories For Every Bike And Rider and tell them that Scotty J sent you from Atlanta, GA. They should know if they have lower risers to sell. They have the Rizoma bars in stock in about every color and for $59.00...they are sweet...my brother ordered the RED ones for his FZ6

Scotty J.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
I think i will give them a call, I have decided that i like those the best....besides the price seems about right, so if i dont like them im not out a ton of cash.

I really appreciate the help!

ScottyJFZ

UVBNFZD....Watch Out!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
No problem....make sure tell them that Scotty J sent you. They are very helpful so ask them questions. Get the bars tapped as well...even if you decide to buy the Rizoma bar ends..the groves will help keep them on gives it something to grab on to....

Your welcome!!

Scotty J.