What's the best first mod?

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
I bet a lot of folks will say exhaust, windscreen, seat cowl, etc....

After getting rid of the crappy Dunlop tires that came on my FZ, I would have to say to anyone with stock rubber, get rid of it, you won't believe the difference...

The FZ6 can really turn - I mean turn baby! And hold that line! I decided to try the Avon StormST front and back (thanks for your impressions wrightme43).... only have 400 KM or about 245 miles, but so far I'm really pleased.

W

wrightme43

Good deal man, I love mine. I was just out in the garage looking at them. LOL

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
Frames sliders for anyone...tires depending on what you use the bike for. The b-stone stock rubber is supposed to be better than the dunlops. Glad you like the new tires.

Actually, I forgot I even had frame sliders - so that was in fact my first mod - tires second... the stock Dunlop squared off really ugly and was getting scary at the wear bars...

S

sportrider

my vote is to remove all the warning stickers from the tank!!!

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
No tank stickers - good one!

Wow, I've done all kinds of mods to my FZ - no tanks stickers either.

We have twice the sticker mods - French and English - to try to get off up here in Canada...

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
No1 = Stickers !!!

No2 = Tail tidy !!!

Both are awful :)

Sorry ... just realised you only asked for 1 ;)

W

wrightme43

I have to say the best first mod is the headlamp mod.
I really like it. It lets you see both sides of the road, for deer, possums, and dogs. I dont know why they would build it like that, but they did.

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting to get all your points of view - thanks for sharing. Hmmm, now I'll have to look into the head light mod over the winter.

lvjoneser

Reaction score
Visit site
The first modification I have made on my last two bikes is a custom seat. I currently have a Corbin saddle that, after breaking in, is quite comfortable and eliminates quite a bit of felt vibration.

B

Bo67

Concur with Danny. I brought my bike home on 4/12/07 at 4pm. By 6pm that day I had the stickers off of the tank.

Hated those ****** Dunlops from day one but I did get 8800 miles from them. Threw on some Metzeler Roadtec Z6's and was amazed at the difference.

Heated handgrips were a good mod out where I live but really want to get that rear seat cowl; it just looks cool to me.

Wouldn't mind the Lazer Extreme exhaust either; not so much a power as a sound thing....but that's cases of eating Ramen Noodles away from me now :)

-Bo