Rain Gear

crazy_canuck

Reaction score
Visit site
Have any of you tall lanky fellows like myself found any rain gear that you really like, is fair inexpensive and conpact? I took my forestry field fear rain suit with me on my last trip and it did not work so well seeing as it was over the jacket and I was sitting so the arms and legs were both short. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
My Joe Rocket alter ego jacket & pants --- came with a rain liner
BUT --- I do not use it cuz you have to get undressed to put it on...

I use a two piece rain suit that I got from J&B cycles --- it is Black with Orange stripes but that thing keeps my bone dry

two weeks ago in North Ga --- I road the FZ6 for two full days in the RAIN and was dry
you can see a pic of me in the suit here mikebike scroll to dahlonega day 1 then click to enlarge

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a textile jacket and paints that are water proof and they seem to work very well in the rain so I haven't looked at dedicated rain gear... I guess if I had mesh gear, that would be different... sorry to hijack the thread a little...

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know about inexpensive and compact, but I bought a Dainese coverall last summer. It cost about 80 €. I wear it with separate raingloves.

+ Works great in highways and twisties, especially if you wear it when it's raining. (Didn't work if it was kept in tankbag...
confused-smiley-013.gif
)
+ Works okay in citycenters and trafficjams too if you want to drown in your own sweat.
+ Doesn't make you look like a glider-flier
- Half the press-buttons came loose after 4 days of use.

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a set of Frogg Toggs that fold pretty well and fit into my tank bag with plenty of room to spare. They may not be as good as an actual motorcycle rain suit, but for the price and the compactness, they suit my needs just fine. Only problem I've had was during a heavy downpour, I had some water run down the front of my neck and get my upper chest wet.

For you folks up in the colder regions, that may not be an option.

Browsing Store - ROAD TOAD SUIT BLACK

S

sportrider

I've got a two piece rainsuit from contractor supply its not a motorcycle suit but if I ever remember to but it back in my bag it would keep me dry in the rain.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know about inexpensive and compact, but I bought a Dainese coverall last summer. It cost about 80 €. I wear it with separate raingloves.

+ Works great in highways and twisties, especially if you wear it when it's raining. (Didn't work if it was kept in tankbag...
confused-smiley-013.gif
)
+ Works okay in citycenters and trafficjams too if you want to drown in your own sweat.
+ Doesn't make you look like a glider-flier
- Half the press-buttons came loose after 4 days of use.
Bren they make you look so masculine.....lol

lvjoneser

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never had good luck with motorcycle rain gear, but living here in rainy Western Washington I have worn rain gear quite often. I now carry Columbia Sports Wear rain gear consisting of an unlined shell jacket that is large enough to go on over my riding jacket and a pair of unlined golf pants that are large enough to go on over my boots and pants. The stuff breathes very well and is very water tight. Best of all it compacts to a small size and is easy to get on and off quickly. Last month I rode through a tremendous rainstorm for several hours and was bone dry.