Saddlebags

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm getting ready to order a winter jacket and while I was at it I was thinking I might as well order a set of saddlebags too. I saw these on newenough for hella cheap and I'm awfully tempted to get them, but I've been burned buying cheap gear before and thought I'd check with you guys first.

Nelson Rigg CL-1000 Standard Saddlebags :: New Enough Motorcycle Hard Parts

From the pics and product description they seem like decent set of bags. What am I missing?

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
That's what I needed to hear. Thanks a lot man. I just ordered them and I'll be sure to post my thoughts on them when they get here.

B

Bo67

They look a lot like the Cortech bags that I have and they have a suprising amount of storage capacity to boot. Let us know how you like them when they arrive.

-Bo

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up with First Gear saddlebags -- I love them

Yeah, I saw those in an earlier thread and thought they looked pretty sweet.

They should be here Thursday, but I'm going to be out of town until Sunday. I'll be sure and do a review w/ pics when i get back.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
ant_mb, how do you find the panniers with the underseat exhaust? Dont they come close to the exhaust or is the shield enough to keep things cool there?

villa1963

Reaction score
Visit site
ant_mb, how do you find the panniers with the underseat exhaust? Dont they come close to the exhaust or is the shield enough to keep things cool there?

Good question. Im looking for a tail pack that wont melt on the underseat pipes, any recommendations gratefully recieved.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
i don't use a tailpack. I've always used a generic bag and a spider net attached to the passenger handles...works great! you can really pile things high using a spider net vs. bungee cords!

now with these saddlebags, life is eeeeeasy. They're small, so more like a weekend thing, but combined with the spider net & bag, it'll make weekends a breeze.

with passengers, i hopped on the back, and had to push my feet back against the bags, but they can be pushed back in the event of a weekend passenger.

also, a tailbag is going to sit on the passenger seat while the tail case will mount behind...except the givis with mount cost about 450-500...

Last edited:

FZ6Pilot

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone tried or seen the saddlebags and tailbag from Sams Club?

I'm trying to get an idea of the dimensions of the saddlebag (don't want to make my butt look big)

Saddlebags are $50 for the pair, tailbag is $30. - Mail order only....

Thinking about running the saddlebag straps under the seat - should make them more secure.

Last edited: