Bikini Fairing Opinions

gharris66

Reaction score
Visit site
My naked conversion is coming along nicely.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/13724-fz6n-conversion.html

I wanted to do something unique for the headlight and decided to go with the SV650 naked headlight cover over the vRod headlight.

I am also toying with the idea of cutting down a wider windscreen and using the SV650 covers to mount. I cut one down and like the way it looks. I'll post pics of that later.

Here are some pics of the stock screen. I like the way the speedo fits in.

Thoughts?

View attachment 14718

View attachment 14719

View attachment 14720

View attachment 14721

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
+1.. I really like the way the speedo fits in under the screen. Really nice!

Oli-Fz6

Loud pipes save lifes!
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks very nice! The vROD headlight is a really nice detail!
Thumbs up! :thumbup:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Looks nice :thumbup:

Now if...and I say if I go naked, I was thinking about this v-rod headlamp and nacelle:
c6da_1.JPG

crx81

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks nice :thumbup:

Now if...and I say if I go naked, I was thinking about this v-rod headlamp and nacelle:
c6da_1.JPG

I don't think that one would work because of the shape of the headlight shroud. If it would, it would have to be mounted WAY too high to look right. The only other option would be to trim down the shroud, but then, what would be the point of having it if you had to trim it that much?

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
I don't think that one would work because of the shape of the headlight shroud. If it would, it would have to be mounted WAY too high to look right. The only other option would be to trim down the shroud, but then, what would be the point of having it if you had to trim it that much?

I have been looking into it, it will work, you just have to get creative on the mounting :D

crx81

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking into it, it will work, you just have to get creative on the mounting :D

Creative in what way??? Personally, I don't like when a headlight is sticking way out from the forks... it makes it look tacked on as an afterthought. Without doing that, mounting it way too high so the shroud comes over the top of the tripple, or cutting the shroud, I can't see how it would fit. However, I look forward to seeing yours done, as it's something I've contemplated doing myself. I've just given up and decided to go a different route when I get the right combination of time and cash to play with it.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Creative in what way??? Personally, I don't like when a headlight is sticking way out from the forks... it makes it look tacked on as an afterthought. Without doing that, mounting it way too high so the shroud comes over the top of the tripple, or cutting the shroud, I can't see how it would fit. However, I look forward to seeing yours done, as it's something I've contemplated doing myself. I've just given up and decided to go a different route when I get the right combination of time and cash to play with it.

I agree with what you've said.

If I proceed with this, I will be visiting the local Harley Dealer and dry-fitting this to see if I really like it or not. If I do this, I am thinking of drilling and tapping two mounting holes in the Triple-tree head, you can see the mount in the picture below.
4107d1220999849-v-rod-headlight-fairing-vrod-fairing.jpg

Here is what it looks like on the actual v-rod.
nightrod.jpg

crx81

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with what you've said.
If I proceed with this, I will be visiting the local Harley Dealer and dry-fitting this to see if I really like it or not. If I do this, I am thinking of drilling and tapping two mounting holes in the Triple-tree head, you can see the mount in the picture below.
4107d1220999849-v-rod-headlight-fairing-vrod-fairing.jpg

You know, I was wondering about it, and your picture confirms it... there are actually two different headlights on the VROD. That headlight is not the same one that I have, but a completely different headlight.

I think a common mistake for people who go naked is to mount the light too high. I did it with my first headlight combo. It looks much better (and natural) when mounted low. My personal goal when doing this was to make the bike look as unmodified as possible... to look like I bought it that way... so even people who know bikes ask, "What kind of bike is that???"