Getting my 2007 FZ6

Roboco

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone!! I will be getting my FZ6 as soon as I can make it back to the bike shop. I'm trading in my 2006 KLR650 and I wanted to make sure Im not being had. The salesman said "$4000 and the trade and you're out the door". I dont know what the shops usually retail the FZ's for. Does this sound reasonable?? The KLR has almost 7000 miles on it and is in very good condition. Any feedback would be appreciated. Also, I'll be commuting with the new bike 80 miles (total) a day and was looking for feedback on using the bike for this. Thanks in advance!!!

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone!! I will be getting my FZ6 as soon as I can make it back to the bike shop. I'm trading in my 2006 KLR650 and I wanted to make sure Im not being had. The salesman said "$4000 and the trade and you're out the door". I dont know what the shops usually retail the FZ's for. Does this sound reasonable?? The KLR has almost 7000 miles on it and is in very good condition. Any feedback would be appreciated. Also, I'll be commuting with the new bike 80 miles (total) a day and was looking for feedback on using the bike for this. Thanks in advance!!!
What Are they giving you for the klr?

S

sportrider

Welcome aboard!!!

the FZ6 is happy with commuting duty!!! I use mine for this regularly that seems fair as far as the deal. if $4000.00 includes everything and that is infact an out the door price. do you still owe on your KLR or is it payed for?

Roboco

Reaction score
Visit site
The guy wouldn't give me the actual specific figures. The trade value is $2750 by the book so I think he must be giving me roughly $3000.

Roboco

Reaction score
Visit site
I paid 6K for the KLR. I'm happy as long as I dont get ripped. Guess what I need to know is how much a FZ6 would be without a trade with tax/title/tags.

S

sportrider

I paid 6K for the KLR. I'm happy as long as I dont get ripped. Guess what I need to know is how much a FZ6 would be without a trade with tax/title/tags.
MSRP on a FZ6 is normally about $6800.00 once you add on TTL its around $8000.00 OTD. so $4000.00 OTD on a new one is a pretty good deal. basicly there giving you around $4000.00 for your KLR

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

How much did you $spend on your fz6? $7200 ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
VEGASRIDER

Look for this thread........there's about 60 posts relating to what we all paid for our bikes. It's amazing, look and you will see a variance around $3500. Of course, price will vary depending on what state you're from, but most likely you will get an idea on what you should pay. I wish I have discovered this thread before I bought my bike, I think I paid $1000 too much.

Last edited:

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
mine was $6800 out the door (incl tax tag title blah blah blah)

based on that number you are getting $2800 for your trade....seems a bit low and you could squeeze a bit harder...

now that the 2008's are out and you could get the coveted BLACK one

W

wrightme43

It sounds like a fair deal to me. Especially if you get the black one.

Roboco

Reaction score
Visit site
The black one is '08? I didnt see one in the showroom so they probably dont have one in. I would also assume he would charge me more for an '08. Guess maybe I should ask the dealer some more questions....

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys in the US have it made - as you may know the CDN $ is a little higher now than the US $ - and 2007 FZ6 list is $9300.00 CDN vs $6800 USD... man we're getting ripped off big time up North! So that's how you guys afford those fancy new pipes.... :mad:

W

wrightme43

Move to KY man, it solves all kinds of problems. Life is just nice here.
Oh and as some kind of crazy benifit, it snows maybe 3-6", usually just a couple times a year over two inches at once.

S

sportrider

how hard would it be to buy a bike in the states and ride it to Canada? what would the import fees be?

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like life is good in KY :rockon:

Hmmm, I wonder if one of those green card lotteries is coming up some time soon? :rockon:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
how hard would it be to buy a bike in the states and ride it to Canada? what would the import fees be?

I've been asking around about this too. Canadians are doing it for cars, why not bikes? I heard it would be easier to have it handled through a broker, but at what minimum saving is it a go? Another question, are the US bike speedos in mph? How would you change it to kph? Lastly, what about the warranty period? I’m not sure it the dealers in Canada would honor it. Mostly thoughts with no light at the end of the tunnel :(.

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been asking around about this too. Canadians are doing it for cars, why not bikes? I heard it would be easier to have it handled through a broker, but at what minimum saving is it a go? Another question, are the US bike speedos in mph? How would you change it to kph? Lastly, what about the warranty period? I’m not sure it the dealers in Canada would honor it. Mostly thoughts with no light at the end of the tunnel :(.

Very good questions regarding units of measure, warranty, and what's the worthwhile savings point to bother importing into Canada. I don't have the answers, but have wondered the same thing and have come across a couple of links lately... there are not MC specific either...

how to import

Canadian Auto Imports Go Loonie

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker_dude43
Another question, are the US bike speedos in mph? How would you change it to kph?

My '07 speedo has an option to switch to KPH. Makes the blue ones even faster ...

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker_dude43
Another question, are the US bike speedos in mph? How would you change it to kph?

My '07 speedo has an option to switch to KPH. Makes the blue ones even faster ...

The CDN bikes don't seem to have that option... guess we have to do the math...

Last edited: