Stoner takes BMW M award at final pre-season Moto GP test! Rossi still happy, Toseland totals anothe

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok folks, the final pre-season test for the 2009 Moto GP Championship has finished, with Casey Stoner coming out on top.

Here is the link to the story from the official Moto GP website

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/Stoner+takes+2009+BMW+M+Award+with+hot+lap+at+Jerez

Also, Rossi saying that he is satisfied with his own times.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/Champion+Rossi+quietly+satisfied+with+test+work

Here is a link to the final results....and all the times

http://www.motogp.com/en/Results+Statistics/2009/JER/MotoGP/QP/

In other news, Toseland has had another setback, with another big crash.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/Poncharal+explains+Toseland+condition

And it looks like Lorenzo, Capirossi, and Vermuleun, were all on the pace as well.

:rockon:

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad to see Suzuki right up there in the mix, but I really want to see Hayden do well this year. Hopefully he'll get it together in time.

Kawasaki let me down already, they walked away and I'm glad Melandri took the chance to find a team that will hopefully be more motivated to perform. (Even if it's on the same ZX-RR that will get zero development).

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad to see Suzuki right up there in the mix, but I really want to see Hayden do well this year. Hopefully he'll get it together in time.

Kawasaki let me down already, they walked away and I'm glad Melandri took the chance to find a team that will hopefully be more motivated to perform. (Even if it's on the same ZX-RR that will get zero development).

I agree, it would be great to see Nicky Hayden do well, but it seems that Stoner is the only guy who can get to grips with the Ducati???

As for Melandri, his time with Ducati has nearly destroyed his carreer...which is quite sad, as he is extremely talented!

Would be awesome if Melandri couldmanage some decent results, but he doesnt seem to have too much going in his favour, unfortuneatly.

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought Hayden and Ducati would be a tail-happy match made in heaven, but you're right. So far it seems Stoner is the only one to make that thing lap as quickly as it needs to.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info mate :thumbup:....Unfortunately im thinking it is all over for Toseland :( , that last one really freaked him out and he hasnt recovered..

Hmmmm...another SBK rider who has struggled to convert World Championship winning form in SBK to results in Moto GP....it is a mystery as to why this happens, but the list is long.....Slight, Corser, Bayliss (although he did win one race), and there are others...just cant remember them right now.

I thought Hayden and Ducati would be a tail-happy match made in heaven, but you're right. So far it seems Stoner is the only one to make that thing lap as quickly as it needs to.

I think the Ducati has been developed around Stoner, since he came on board, and showed immediate form....maybe this is the reason for others struggling with the bike???

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was glad to see Lorenzo on the pace, he had the fastest time on Saturday, pity he couldn't win the Beemer, Rossi and Stoner already have one!

Can't wait for the 12th!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was glad to see Lorenzo on the pace, he had the fastest time on Saturday, pity he couldn't win the Beemer, Rossi and Stoner already have one!

Can't wait for the 12th!

My thoughts exactly, bring on the 12th....i think it's going to be a great year this year, dispite all the pundits saying it's going to be a 2 bike race to the championship!

Hopefully Lorenzo, Vermuleun, and Nicky Hayden can step up to challenge Rossi & Stoner!

:rockon:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It would be cool if Rossi and Stoner could swap bikes for a day, maybe a week. See what they can do on each others machine.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It would be cool if Rossi and Stoner could swap bikes for a day, maybe a week. See what they can do on each others machine.

my guess is that they would both still be very fast...both class acts, whatever they ride!