I didn't know it went that fast

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I'm still pretty new/green to my Fazer. I saw a post where this machine would got 90 something MPH before shifting into third gear. Today, I punched it a little and saw mid 80's while in second gear. Are you kidding me????? I didn't know it would go that fast. Of course I was smiling from ear to ear....:)

I'm sure someone will get a kick out of this post.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome isn't it :D

I've hit 60(indicated) in first, and 100(indicated) in second before.
With the speedohealer installed I've hit 50~ in first and 90~ in second.

Last week I hit 120(actual) at the top of 4th. I ran out of road so I couldn't go faster :(

W

wrightme43

Yep mine shifts out of second at 92 mph. It gets there really really quick too.

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep mine shifts out of second at 92 mph. It gets there really really quick too.

Just to let you know, it's your post I saw stating the '92 MPH in 2nd gear'. So, I had to go stretch her legs to see if that was true and possible. What I saw was close enough for me. But, it's your fault just so you know... lol

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Now Greg, you and Soviet have been breaking the law. All other members on this forum never exceed the posted speed with this little 600cc motor.

Kinda fun above 10k in any gear.

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday, I was passing a line of cars that were doing 75 in an 80 on a back, twisty road. So to get by all of them, once I found the proper straight I went from 75 to 170+ by the time I got to the car slowing everyone down. I musta scared the crap out of whoever was in that first car when I came blasting by... Man was I ever smiling, I think I did it in 4th, coulda done it in 3rd if I really wanted to kick it up fast but it was fast enough lol.
I'm taking it to a road track and a drag strip at some point this year to see what it'll do when I can really hang it out there... I LOVE THIS BIKE!
The FZ6 fly bys are going to be so wicked with my 2bros installed! :rockon:
I mean uhm... I'm a good, responsible quiet canadian boy, I don't do this stuff...

W

wrightme43

LOL

I dont mind exceeding the posted limits for a bit. Mikebike saw me talking to trooper frowny about it on the side of the road once.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday, I was passing a line of cars that were doing 75 in an 80 on a back, twisty road. So to get by all of them, once I found the proper straight I went from 75 to 170+ by the time I got to the car slowing everyone down. I musta scared the crap out of whoever was in that first car when I came blasting by... Man was I ever smiling, I think I did it in 4th, coulda done it in 3rd if I really wanted to kick it up fast but it was fast enough lol.
I'm taking it to a road track and a drag strip at some point this year to see what it'll do when I can really hang it out there... I LOVE THIS BIKE!
The FZ6 fly bys are going to be so wicked with my 2bros installed! :rockon:
I mean uhm... I'm a good, responsible quiet canadian boy, I don't do this stuff...

I was thinking no way our bikes do 170, then remembered you were probably talking about Km/hr not MPH.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I keep wimping out at 90 :( Gotta find a stretch of road to really put her to the test! And........I think I'm shifting too soon by the sounds of it....I'll do better next time........ahhhhh.......not that there will BE a next time ;)

mad_mapper

Reaction score
Visit site
Living out in the quiet, eastern Ontario countryside has afforded me the opprtunity to really "open her up". I think most of the speed junkies (like myself) will agree the bike feels great at the 2-220 kph range. The bike accelerates so quickly and revs so smoothly, one may not realize he or she's going so fast. That stated, I've only done that on quiet roads with sweeping visibility, the right of way and smooth pavement: and not very often. As I'm sure I'll eventually get caught speeding and lose my bike (or life), so I've resolved to save my next speed trial for a track day.

Ride Safe! :canada:

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
The fastest I've seen is 250, a few times on youtube by different guys, on the fz6... So that is 150mph... still moving along pretty good!

On a private farm road I've gotten my fizzer up to 154 indicated. I understand the California bikes are a little slower than the 49 state bikes.

cciccole

Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine recently and it's funny how it's challenging to actually open it up. I did for the first time the other day and would have been flapping in the wind if I were a lighter person

buccs40oz

Reaction score
Visit site
i had mine doing 126mph. then i was thinking this is kinda a crazy speed, i better slow my ass down i may have been in 5th or 4th not sure it was a while back, have not had it that high since then

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hit 239km/h on my fz6 track bike at the track the other day, and there was still a little left in the bank, so to speak.

W

wrightme43

I can vouch for this.....funny thing is Steve was smiling ear to ear....getting a ticket:spank:

LOL I am just usually a happy person. I was also very embarressed though to see all you guys riding by obeying the speed limit, and I felt like a idiot.