Sliders???

morrobaybum

Reaction score
Visit site
OK so i have searched around the site a read all the posts on sliders and have yet to find the answers to my three questions, firstly i see sliders on sale on ebay are they any good or will they just break and shatter the first time i drop the bike. Next i keep finding two different sizes of sliders the normal length and then the extended length, what are the advantages of the longer ones over the short one and will the short ones still make sure everything stays protected. Lastly I notice most guys put one sliders in the middle area of the bike is it possible to mount two sets on a bike giving it that extra amount of protection.

W

wrightme43

I have the extended length from ebay. They are aluminum so as far as I know they can not shatter.
I tested them at less than 5mph. Damage result. One scratched place and the fairing less than the size of a quarter.

I could not find swingarm spools to mount to our bike.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
The best slider for you depends on what you intend to use them for.

Do you want them for parking-lot type tip-overs or do you want them for mild to moderate lowsides etc. at speed?

For a tipover, longer is better as it will keep the most of the bike off the ground hopefully without snapping. For at speed crashes, the shortest possible slider that still provides adequate clearence is the best. You'll notice many high quality slider sets come with two different length sliders, one specific to each side.

Uncaged sliders are expensive but I've seen countless pictures of them doing their job both at speed and in the parking-lot.

I've seen track bikes with multiple sliders on each side but never an FZ6. Maybe you'll be the first to pull it off. Some people also use axle sliders front and back.
________
Candy247

Last edited: