Boot Problem

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
So I read over a bunch of other boot posts, and while they helped somewhat, my issue has never risen.

I have been looking for a really nice pair of boots that are safe (running shoes don't cut it), but I also need a set that aren't too racy looking, and I can walk around in them for a while as my job requires plain looking shoes and has a lot of standing walking. But the biggest problem I have is width. I have a size 8.5 - 9 length, but a 4EE width. So most the boots I tried on were so tight i felt the circulation being cut off near my arch. Right now the Joe Rocket Super Street and the Meteor fit the best and come in a wide enough size but I was wondering if anyone has tried them and has any issues or reviews on them for safety. As well, can anyone recommend any other boots out there I might be able to use? Thanks guys and gals!

Link for JR
http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/index.cfm/116/153/Boots/Super_Street_Boot
http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/index.cfm/116/150/Boots/Meteor_Boot

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Shinn,
I only have experience with joe rocket clothing, not their boots, but from my experience it's not built very well. (of course, that doesn't stop me wearing it...) Their boots may be a different story.

Have you fired off an email to the folks at newenough asking about wide boots? They're super nice folks and may be able to tell you which boots they carry that come in a wide size.

Best of luck finding a boot that actually fits.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
I should email new enough, thanks for the idea.

As for the gear, I wear it too actually. Found it to hold up really well.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Try your local Redwing shoe store. They have several styles of motorcycle boots that don't really look like motorcycle boots, and they (used to, anyway) specialize in odd sizes. Good luck! :thumbup:

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a boot issue as well. I have to wear leather shoes, that cannot look like hiking, cowboy, or "biker" boots. But I wanted to protect my ankle. And lugging around size 13's got old quick.

So I bought a pair of Dr. Marten's. They look pretty good, and puts leather up on my ankle. On shoebuy.com and other web sites, they went for 110.00 or so. However, I found a pair on e-bay brand new for 45.00 with free shipping, so I figured that I cannot go wrong with that. If they do not work out, I am not out that much money, and I can always wear them around the house or something.

Does anyone else wear "Docs"?

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking for a really nice pair of boots that are safe (running shoes don't cut it), but I also need a set that aren't too racy looking, and I can walk around in them for a while as my job requires plain looking shoes and has a lot of standing walking.

The solution for me? Givi bags. Get the best protection for your feet, ankles, and shins, and also get happy walking-shoes. Carry the shoes to work in the bags, lock the good boots away when you get to work.