Long or short jacket?

dfndr

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm planning on buying a Motoport Jacket. The 1000 denier cordura is very breathable and with the liners I can wear it all year-I plan on wearing it every time I ride. The question is whether to get the short jacket or the 3/4 length. Is the 3/4 too bulky to wear all year? I appreciate your thought and advice. Rick

CC32

Reaction score
Visit site
My mesh jacket for warm weather riding is short (Cortech GX Air). My heavier cold weather jacket is hip (3/4) length (Fieldsheer Hydro Tour). I think 3/4 length for warm weather is definitely too much.

I find putting the liners in and out to be a pain. If you only have to do it a couple of times a season it won't be bad, but here in Colorado where the temperature can vary 50 deg F in 24 hours its just too much. That's why I have 2 jackets. I could probably use a third one.....hmmmm...

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with CC32 in that I can't imagine trying to get by with only one jacket. I prefer my 3/4 (tourmaster transition) but even though it's got lots of vents (chest, shoulders, biceps and back exhaust) and I'm willing to leave it unzipped a little it's still too hot for the peak summer months. As a result I have a mesh jacket (short) for those really warm days.
Incidentally, I don't think a short 3 or 4 season jacket would work any better than my 3/4 - it's just that at the end of the day, the solid fabrics only flow so much air.