I'm going to the IoM TT!!!!!!

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yes! just booked my ferry for 3-7 June. Going with a mate and a bunch of his mates I don't know. they're all driving up in a van and cars whilst i'm going to ride up on the bike. It's 245 miles to the ferry port at Heysham and the practice session will be on when I get there. Staying at a campsite next to the track called Glen Dhoo. Anyone else planning to go this year??

I've never been so advice on viewing locations, places to eat etc would be most appreciated.

Very excited!:rockon::rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you lucky lucky b******! Please take a zillion photo's an post em on here! Awesome!:rockon:

B

bluenova

Cool! I hope the crossing is smooth for you, that catamaran flys all over the place when it's choppy. I've only been over in a van for work, but make sure your bike is tied down really well.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Been investigating where the campsite is. We're right next to Hillberry corner. Here's some footage from there. Getting proper excited now even though it's 3 months away!!!!:rockon::rockon:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve8-rZ36PAU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2TBEvOzPYE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrrbo6Qyz4I[/ame]

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, that is going to be fantastic....the pinnacle of road racing itself! no wonder your excited...thanks for the vid's.

:thumbup:

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I spoke to my mate last night who asked me to the TT. He'd got a few facts a bit hazy earlier. I know it's a stag do and that a few people I don't know are going. My mate, Scotty, reeled off a list of names of people who would be going. Ian (tall, nutter, karate expert, borderline alcoholic), Bob (short, nutter, borderline alcoholic, likes to get into fights, has been known to feed me illegal susbstances in the past whilst I'm drunk), Wiggy (short, fat, psycho, smokes dope almost constantly, alcoholic) and Paulie (young, skinny, smashed his legs up crashing his bike into a tree). They are taking 3 transit vans with bikes in the back. They all have R1's, gsx-r's etc. Oh no!!!!

So I'm spending a week in the isle of man with superbike riding nutters. I think it's going to be quite an experience....:eek:

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Was talking to an old TT regular recently. He said IOM magistrates are tolerant of a lot of ****, cos the TT brings in so many tourists dollars. But whatever else you do don't have a single vehicle accident. Because the only reason for it was that you were TFF (Too F'in Fast). And, they will nail you ass to the wall for that.

Other than that have a blast.

bledubd

FZ6 Naked Epiphany
Reaction score
Visit site
I was working on the isle from August to December. Its a very lovely place. During the TT week the population almost doubles from the odd 80K. Its a pity I did not have my naked beauty with me else I'd have been in a better position to tell you the scenery to visit.
Its a pity this time around I am working in London and with this credit crunch, recession or whatever you govt suits and economists drum up I will be firmly stuck here.

But be sure to enjoy the mountain road. I will post some pics I took of the bikes in the museum