New FZ6 in New London CT Area

Roln 106

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

Just recently purchased an '09 FZ6. I'm new to both the FZ6 community and also the motorcycle community. Haven't picked up the bike yet (I am in the travel season for work right now). Just wanted to say hello and ask for any advice on CT licensing and also the motorcycle safety class in CT and any good riding routes in the area.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't answer any of your questions but welcome. You've just purchased a great bike. Enjoy.:thumbup:

W

wrightme43

Enjoy man, I went to sub, electonics, and sonar school there. Its a pretty area. I love the black granite outcroppings.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well.. :welcome: first definitly go take the motorcycle saftey corse.. it pays for itself in the long run.. as for living in new london.. im sorry :) JK... your in a good spot for ridding.. any where north of you is great.. anything out toward like stonington or westerly, RI is beautiful... north, north east of you (you know.. east of the river). great twisties, good roads with not alot of bump, and not to many police for when you want to open 'er up.. other than that RIDE SAFE!!! :thumbup:

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! Used to live in Avon, CT, near Hartford for 4 years. Some nice roads...but, I didnn't have a bike then. Definitely take the MSF course.

Roln 106

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I work in the Stonington/Mystic area and am planning on turning this into both a daily commuter vehicle and also a weekend pleasure vehicle. I travel a lot for work, but whenever, I'm home I plan on putting as many miles on her as possible.

Anyone have any good suggestions on getting to the other side of the river. I really don't like the looks of the 95 north/south groton-new london bridge. It seems as though it would be a death trap between the traffic and the posssible high velocity winds coming off the water.