I got backed over by a van.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was on my way to work this morning,and i had to stop because a train was crossing the road.as i'm sitting there waiting the van behind me pulled off the road to my right.then put the van in reverse and backed up over me!!!pinned my right leg between my fz and the van and just shoved me over to my left.i have a large hemotoba on the inside of my right calf and a twisted knee and my hip feel's pretty sore also.my bike was'nt hurt real bad.the clutch lever is broke and the front fairing is scratched and the side cover also scratched on the left side.the rear brake lever got the rubber skinned off it and not much damage to the right side because my leg absorbed the impact.I was scared half to death!!!but i'm allright for the most part at least everything is still attached to my body.i was able to get one pic at the scene with my phone.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy crap! Please tell me you have the guy's info and a police report. Go to the doctor (you may have injuries you don't know of right now), get lots of PT, and see a lawyer. Sue the crap out of that a$$. People like that need to get off the road!

Glad you're ok buddy.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man that sucks. Did you use your horn?
yea i was blowing the horn. i had the bike in neutral,and it happened really fast.it was an older woman who said she had a hair appointment,and she was going to be late because of the train so she decided to run over me,so she could turn around and go another way to the beauty shop.she had insurance.I was worried about that.because it was a 2000 model pontiac montana van she ran over me with.the police officer said i can pick up the police report wednsday.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy crap! Please tell me you have the guy's info and a police report. Go to the doctor (you may have injuries you don't know of right now), get lots of PT, and see a lawyer. Sue the crap out of that a$$. People like that need to get off the road!

Glad you're ok buddy.
I went to the emergency room in the ambulance.they checked me out real good and took x-rays of my leg they said it's just soft tissue damage and to come back in 3 day's.and they gave me a prescription for pain.so i'll just lay up here on the couch for awhile.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yea i was blowing the horn. i had the bike in neutral,and it happened really fast.it was an older woman who said she had a hair appointment,and she was going to be late because of the train so she decided to run over me,so she could turn around and go another way to the beauty shop.she had insurance.I was worried about that.because it was a 2000 model pontiac montana van she ran over me with.the police officer said i can pick up the police report wednsday.

Man that had to of been scary. What an idiot.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Grrrrrrr, that sounds really bad and probably quite scary. I hope your OK and they prosecute her for something, stupidity at the very least.

Bigger horn perhaps. Mine makes people jump.:thumbup:

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Classic example of what most police officers call "D.W.H.U.A." Civilian translation means "Driving With Head Up A$$".

Glad to hear you're semi-ok, hope you and the bike have a speedy recovery.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek::eek::eek: OMG! Glad you're OK-ish mate. Some people should just take the f@#$ing bus. How the f@#$ can you park behind someone, turn up a driveway and reverse out over them without remembering that they are there. She was just looking at the back of you:shakehead:. I know that everyone makes mistakes but WTF???:rant::rant: That could only have been worse if she decided she didn't want to wait for the train or turn around and so drive straight forward over the top of you.

Did they test her for alcohol or drugs.

Hope you heal fast and your bike is sorted out soon.

A horn upgrade might be in order too as grommit suggested. I'm certainly giving it a lot of thought.

Cheers
Mike

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if i'm going to keep my bike.I was doing everything right had all my gear on and just sittin there waiting on the train and got hurt.I've got two small chidren,and a wife that depend on me,and in a instant I was taken out of the game ,only temporarily this time,but it did scare me good.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
how old was this old lady? I'm glad you're okay...I'd have crapped my pants!! Were there witnesses too?
she is about 50 years old,and in good health was'nt wearing glasses or nothing.yea there was at least 5 other cars waiting with us.

Last edited:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
same would have happened in a car. Don't rule out the bike because of this. OK, to play devil's advocate:

Did you see her pull next to you to start her u-turn? Did you continue to watch as she put it in reverse with her rear facing you? Could you have been in gear, seeing this happening and quickly jumped forward or even off the bike. I constantly watch the cars around me, even when I'm stopped. If something moves, I'm all over it.

I feel for you man, she was dumb, but don't give up the bike!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if i'm going to keep my bike.I was doing everything right had all my gear on and just sittin there waiting on the train and got hurt.I've got two small chidren,and a wife that depend on me,and in a instant I was taken out of the game ,only temporarily this time,but it did scare me good.

Ok, but just remember that a dip sh$% like that one is likely to hit you while you're waiting for a train on the platform.

I wouldn't make the decision straight away if I were you. It's a decision that only you can make but I'd be mulling it over for a while first mate....seriously:thumbup:

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I understand how you feel. I lowsided a few months back and also have a wife and kids depending on me. I just keep thinking how much it would suck if I stopped riding the bike, then got taken out in my car by a drunk driver or some other accident beyond my control.

My wife and kids would be without me AND I would have given up the enjoyment and experience of riding for nothing anyhow.

I guess I really believe that when it's your time you're gonna go. If you're supposed to go on the bike but you quit riding......you'll just go some other way.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site

I love riding but I've begun to think about that as well. I'm OK when I'm riding but every time I hear about someone who, through no fault of their own, suffers from being on the bike, I begin to re-think my love affair with the bike.
I'm glad you're mostly OK.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I understand how you feel. I lowsided a few months back and also have a wife and kids depending on me. I just keep thinking how much it would suck if I stopped riding the bike, then got taken out in my car by a drunk driver or some other accident beyond my control.

My wife and kids would be without me AND I would have given up the enjoyment and experience of riding for nothing anyhow.

I guess I really believe that when it's your time you're gonna go. If you're supposed to go on the bike but you quit riding......you'll just go some other way.
your right i'm just still shook up.it just happened a few hours ago.