3rd avon storm front

W

wrightme43

Today I installed my third avon storm front tire. (if you dont count the one that was defective)

The one that came off I wore down to within 1/2 of 1 32cnd on the tread wear indicator.

I kept wondering what in the heck I was doing wrong, trying to figure out why i was having such a problem with hitting my selected arc and turn path. It was a worn out tire on the front. The difference is night and day.

I put it on at work on the tire changer (he he he he) it required no balance wieghts at all. Then to the Corvette plants parking lot for scrub in, then around the corvette access road/test track several times. (booo to a bunch of mud from asshats in 4x4s throwing mud all over the road) then went back and did several emergency stop practices, and a couple of modulated stop practices over some small seeps of water. Then a nice twisty ride.

A new front tire feels so awesome.

:rockon: :thumbup:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
ahh new rubber...kinda gives a warm fuzzy feeling!

Gotta watch those Avons, good tire but they seem to be lacking in quality control as I read of more defective Avons than any other brand.
Not knocking Avon too much as I have one on my FJR. (got a good price on it)

W

wrightme43

LOL

Its just a round tire on a dirty rim on a very very dirty bike. I do need to post some pics of the new bars, and little airblade screen finishing out the naked conversion.

Its reall the corvette access road, its a loop around the out side of the plant, straight, slight right, sharp 90 left, straight, 100 left, straight, 70 left, straight, 110 left straight, 70 left straigt to start. Not really all that fun. Its more for bumps and rattles testing, the parking lot is more fun. LOL