Removing main fairing

detpilot

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I want to replace my main fairing after scratching it pretty bad when I dropped it. I'm a little unsure of how to take it off though, and it isn't mentioned in the service manual that I have, or the owners manual. I'm talking about the main fairing that hold the windshield. I've got the windshield off, and am a bit apprehensive about going much further. Thanks!

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I want to replace my main fairing after scratching it pretty bad when I dropped it. I'm a little unsure of how to take it off though, and it isn't mentioned in the service manual that I have, or the owners manual. I'm talking about the main fairing that hold the windshield. I've got the windshield off, and am a bit apprehensive about going much further. Thanks!

If you use the search function, you'll find that Wavex has a step by step video.

-Nick-

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I knew how to link it, I would, (I tried, but it just wanted to link the whole 435 pages :eek: ). Page 85 of the '04 Service Manual I downloaded from here has instructions and pics of how to remove the front cowling.

Hope that helps.

:)

detpilot

Reaction score
Visit site
If you use the search function, you'll find that Wavex has a step by step video.

Actually, I did. Searched fairing, cowling, and fairing removal. Thanks for posting the link though, very..... helpful... :thumbdown:

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
There you go: [nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFtClwCZb0E[/nomedia]

2 bolts under the top triple, 2 allen on each side and 2 connectors and it will come right off.

n.e.mich

Reaction score
Visit site
I just removed mine last night. Remove the inner fairings, windscreen, mirrors first.
Then I unhooked the harness connectors, 6 screws for the fairing, 4 large and 2 small (inside of the fairing), 2 screws on top (above the speedo), 2 small screws under where the mirrors mount, and the 4 screws holding the headlight assy's to the frame. There is 1 screw then holding the headlight assy to the fairing. Remove it and transfer the assy to the new fairing prior to installation.

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW thanks everyone. I took about 100 screws out and could not figure out how to get the fairing off my 06. THEN I came and read this. Inner fairings, 2 screws, 2 bolts, and 2 plugs. :rolleyes: I feel stupid but it is off now. I will put it all back together before reinstalling. :thumbup:

Marc